I'm happy to announce the release of Pylons (Dead Framework Walking) 1.0.1.
The most important changes for those that still have a Pylons app around, is support for the latest versions of WebTest and WebOb. Anyone trying to migrate and run a Pyramid and Pylons app in the same process lately have definitely noticed this issue, and 1.0.1 resolves it.
Of course, there's a few other things in here (nothing new from 1.0.1RC1 though) worth mentioning from the changelog:
* Updated dependencies to latest versions of Paste, PasteDeploy, and
compatibility for the latest WebOb 1.2 betas.
* authenticate_form allows for GET. Patch by Domen Kožar.
* jsonify now properly sets charset to utf-8.
* Add ability for jsonify to handle objects with a __json__ attribute using
custom JSONEncoder class similar to TG2. Patch by Bob Farrell.
* Added ability for __before__ to reference a callable function. Patch
contributed by mverdone.
* Pulled in JSON-RPC support from agentultra's pylons fork.
* Apply patch for proper pylons.__version__ under Windows. Contributed by
* Utilize MarkupSafe for faster HTML escaping.
* Fix signed cookies by using standard base64 alphabet, and prevent timing
attacks on signature comparison.
* Added setup of app_globals and config to Pylons config.init_app to ensure
as long as the Pylons application is loaded, the app_globals and config
will be appropriately initialized.
* Documentation updates.
For those running Pylons 1.0, there should be no backwards compatibility issues (short of any changes to WebOb that might affect you).