moving from bfg to pyramid

Andreas Reuleaux

Nov 7, 2010, 7:26:12 PM11/7/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
I have tried to port two apps from bfg to pyramid
(and was successful with one):

While the bfg2pyramid worked fine for me in one case (and I decided to
go with a newer pyramid paster template in the other case), more
difficulties I had with some additional packages:

* One app depends on xmlrpc (formerly repoze.bfg.xmlrpc),
luckily I found pyramid_xmlrpc
(http://docs.pylonshq.com/pyramid_xmlrpc/dev/).
Seems not to be yet on pypi - but I guess it will be
uploaded there soon (?) - in the meanwhile I just
installed pyramid_xmlrpc via git.

* What was preventing me from porting my other app
though, was a lack of pyramid equivalent of
repoze.bfg.viewgroup for content-provider / viewlet
style thingies. - Is there anything planned ?
Any advice?

- Andreas

Chris McDonough

Nov 7, 2010, 7:39:53 PM11/7/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 01:26 +0100, Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
> I have tried to port two apps from bfg to pyramid
> (and was successful with one):
>
> While the bfg2pyramid worked fine for me in one case (and I decided to
> go with a newer pyramid paster template in the other case), more
> difficulties I had with some additional packages:
>
> * One app depends on xmlrpc (formerly repoze.bfg.xmlrpc),
> luckily I found pyramid_xmlrpc
> (http://docs.pylonshq.com/pyramid_xmlrpc/dev/).
> Seems not to be yet on pypi - but I guess it will be
> uploaded there soon (?) - in the meanwhile I just
> installed pyramid_xmlrpc via git.

I'll make a release tonight.

> * What was preventing me from porting my other app
> though, was a lack of pyramid equivalent of
> repoze.bfg.viewgroup for content-provider / viewlet
> style thingies. - Is there anything planned ?
> Any advice?

Sure, I'll port that one tonight too, shouldn't be very hard.

I'll let you know when they're both updated.

- C

Andreas Reuleaux

Nov 7, 2010, 7:46:36 PM11/7/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks.

-Andreas

> --
>

> !DSPAM:4cd74821157227334368592!

Chris McDonough

Nov 8, 2010, 12:23:49 AM11/8/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 01:46 +0100, Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
> OK, thanks.
>
> -Andreas

Done:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyramid_xmlrpc/0.1