TurboGears is to become part of the Pylons Project

Chris McDonough

Dec 27, 2010, 10:17:36 PM12/27/10
to pylons-devel
I'm pleased to announce that TurboGears is to become an official part of
the Pylons Project:

<http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears/browse_thread/thread/a6ef71ebea4ebcb0>

This doesn't have much short-term impact except for plans to share a
version control facility. But once the code is moved, we'll all be
sharing coding standards for new code. We'll also be able to
collaborate more closely to formulate goals for higher-level components
with Pylons, Repoze, and TG folks interested in building them.

Thanks to Mark Ramm for shepherding this idea through the TG community!

- C

Mark Ramm

Dec 28, 2010, 11:58:46 AM12/28/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
> Thanks to Mark Ramm for shepherding this idea through the TG community!

You are more than welcome. I'm very happy to be joining forces with
all of you, and I'm even more excited about the possibilities if we
can all work together to build great web development tools.

--Mark Ramm

Sebastien Douche

Dec 30, 2010, 5:22:30 AM12/30/10
to pylons...@googlegroups.com

I'm very happy to hear that (TG + BFG + Pylons), the future seems promising!

--
Sebastien Douche <sdo...@gmail.com>
Twitter: @sdouche (agile, lean, python, git, open source)

ravi teja

Jan 10, 2011, 10:32:34 AM1/10/11
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
Yes, very promising for python web frameworks :)