Next meeting preps

1 view

Konrad Delong

Jan 5, 2011, 5:05:57 AM1/5/11
to pykonik
Hi all,

Best new year wishes (enjoy updating your copyright footers :> ).

We are going to have next meeting around a month from now. We are
going to have two long talks (30min) and two lightning talks (5min).
I'd like to make a small survey on topics you'd like to get mentioned
(and/or what would you like to talk about). Take your inspiration from
the presentation attached (notes from last meeting).

As for me, I could give a brief intro to mock, unittest2 or selenium.
Anyone interested in that?

cheers,
Konrad

pykonik-abc.pdf

Lennart Regebro

Jan 5, 2011, 5:27:32 AM1/5/11
to pyk...@googlegroups.com

I'm away the 3rd to 8th of February, so during those days I can't
come. But if it's some other day, I have some talks I can do.

* "The towers of Babel": On open source, patents, copyrights explained
with steam engines, lolcats and rock'n'roll. (This needs me to connect
the computer audio as well, but I think that should be possible in
Klub Pauza?)

* "Zope is dead, long live Zope": On the experiences of the Zope
community in making web frameworks.

* "Anti-patterns in Plone development": How *not* to do.

I think the two first of them possibly would be slightly longer than
30 minutes, and I suspect the latter one isn't very interesting for
Pykonik as it's only about Plone.

--
Lennart Regebro, Colliberty: http://www.colliberty.com/
Telephone: +48 691 268 328

Grzegorz Nosek

Jan 5, 2011, 5:38:58 AM1/5/11
to Pykonik
On 5 Sty, 11:05, Konrad Delong <kon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are going to have next meeting around a month from now. We are
> going to have two long talks (30min) and two lightning talks (5min).
> I'd like to make a small survey on topics you'd like to get mentioned
> (and/or what would you like to talk about). Take your inspiration from
> the presentation attached (notes from last meeting).
>
> As for me, I could give a brief intro to mock, unittest2 or selenium.
> Anyone interested in that?

I can prepare a talk based on (a subset of) two articles in Linux+
magazine
I co-authored (links below), describing the best ways to make your
hosting
provider hate you more than he already does ;)

I suppose there's more content than 30 minutes there so if you're
interested
in a particular subtopic, shout.

@Lennart: +1 for lolcats and rock'n'roll

Best regards,
Grzegorz Nosek

http://www.megiteam.pl/blog/2010/8/4/za-co-nie-lubi-cie-twoj-hoster/
http://www.megiteam.pl/blog/2010/9/21/za-co-nie-lubi-cie-twoj-hoster-2/

Konrad Delong

Jan 5, 2011, 6:04:27 AM1/5/11
to pyk...@googlegroups.com
On 5 January 2011 11:38, Grzegorz Nosek <grzegor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 Sty, 11:05, Konrad Delong <kon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are going to have next meeting around a month from now. We are
>> going to have two long talks (30min) and two lightning talks (5min).
>> I'd like to make a small survey on topics you'd like to get mentioned
>> (and/or what would you like to talk about). Take your inspiration from
>> the presentation attached (notes from last meeting).
>>
>> As for me, I could give a brief intro to mock, unittest2 or selenium.
>> Anyone interested in that?
>
> I can prepare a talk based on (a subset of) two articles in Linux+
> magazine
> I co-authored (links below), describing the best ways to make your
> hosting
> provider hate you more than he already does ;)
>
> I suppose there's more content than 30 minutes there so if you're
> interested
> in a particular subtopic, shout.
>
> @Lennart: +1 for lolcats and rock'n'roll

Same here (+eagerly waiting for next mtg and the zope talk :] )

Konrad