1.2alpha1 released!

Richard Jones

Jul 13, 2012, 2:05:57 AM7/13/12
to pyglet-users
Hi all,

I've (finally) pushed out the 1.2alpha1 release!

HUGE THANKS to everyone who made this release possible - especially
those who put in the work to make the Python3 and 64-bit compatibility
changes.

The release is linked from the website downloads section as
"development release." It is not uploaded to PyPI as I don't want to
break people using "pip install" or similar tools. To that end I've
removed the Download URL setting from the PyPI page so those tools
won't scrape the pyglet.org downloads page and accidentally find the
"newer" 1.2alpha1 to install in preference to the 1.1.4 release.

I'll give the dust a chance to settle and the tires a chance to be
kicked before making a wider announcement in about 24 hours.

In this release:

The major 1.2 release brings pyglet to Python 3. Pyglet now also runs on
64-bit operating systems Linux, Windows and OS X. The OS X layer has
switched to Cocoa.

Backwards-incompatible API changes:

* renamed Label parameter 'halign' to 'align', fix for issue:460
* remove unused module 'glext_missing' - everything should already be in
'glext_arb'

Other changes and fixes:

* updated OpenGL wrappers (except for agl* and wgl*)
* added set_mouse_position to window, fix for issue:467
* configurable texture filtering for issue:463
* correction to use textures min/mag filter for get_texture
* fix runaway event loops caused by least squares estimator
* compute correct expiration time for the event loop
* fix ordering of Groups and OrderedGroups
* fix loading of small images using GdkPixbuf2ImageDecoder for issue:493
* applied Andrew Straw's pyglet-xvfb.patch patch from issue:456
* fix for issue:517 tests/window/CONTEXT_SHARE.py glIsList exceptions
* numeric keypad constants in docs don't match key.py, fix for issue:523
* use new method for quering extensions if OpenGL version is >= 3
* add missing freetype ctypes declarations, patch from issue:529
* add flag to check if event-loop is running
* add variation on how to import PIL, fix issue:551
* handle race condition in texture cleanup, fix for issue:565
* fix examples/window_platform_event.py when no "names", issue:561
* fix for GIFs with alpha, Frankie.Robertson, issue:411
* added exception for ATI radeon xpress 200M not exporting glGenBuffers
* allow pyglet.resource.image to specify that the image be
stand-alone and
not loaded into an atlas
* make test runner output easier to read and verify for the tester
* make failing to load libraries that exist but have fatal problems not
be _silently_ ignored on Linux and OS X, fix issue:579
* fix multiline/wrap_line confusing (Martin Di Paola), per issue:394
* apply patch fixing image.DDS_RGB_DXT1_LOAD (and similar) throwing
ImageException from petete.zur88, issue:580
* fix experimental/animation.py frame.delay reference (anatoly
techtonik)
* docs: added chapter to programming guide for input module
* docs: fix example in animation docs
* docs: clarify graphics.draw() from Tim McNamara in issue:478
* docs: mention atlas in the programming guide
* docs: apply Txema Vicente's patch to generate docs with Sphinx
* Linux: fix different platform strings, issue:571
* Linux: fix 100% cpu load with scheduled events when using xlib
* Linux: pitch change functionality with pulseaudio driver;
patch from Adam
Bark, issue:536
* Linux: fix tiling window manager resizable window initialisation,
issue:563
* OS X: add function key
* OS X: replaced pyglet/image/codecs/quartz.py with ctypes-only code
* OS X: added complete type declarations to darwin_hid so pypy will stop
complaining
* Windows: apply patch for x64 issues, fix issue:510
* Windows: (possible) fixes for context sharing problems
* Windows: don't create another context in Win32Context.attach() if the
sub-class (Win32ARBContext) already created one

iisdev

Jul 13, 2012, 6:15:55 AM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
congrats!

this might be just me but it looks like there are errors in all three archives posted.. anyone else having trouble extracting them?

Richard Jones

Jul 13, 2012, 6:55:04 AM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
On 13 July 2012 20:15, iisdev <iis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this might be just me but it looks like there are errors in all three
> archives posted.. anyone else having trouble extracting them?

That's odd. I uploaded them through the web form... They're fine on
disk here. I don't know why they're corrupted on the code site :-(
I'll look into it...

Richard

Richard Jones

Jul 13, 2012, 7:36:19 AM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
I've re-uploaded the files and double-checked the sha1sums against my
local copies. Hmm.

Richard

Tristam MacDonald

Jul 13, 2012, 11:06:52 AM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
*slow clap*

Great work, guys. This is a big milestone.

--
Tristam MacDonald
Software Development Engineer, Amazon.com

Martin Di Paola

Jul 13, 2012, 11:07:38 AM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to all!

A very small note: "Martin Di Paola" and "petete.zur88" are the same persons.

Bye!

Nathan

Jul 13, 2012, 1:43:54 PM7/13/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! I hope I have time this weekend to try things out...

~ Nathan

iisdev

Jul 14, 2012, 6:31:23 AM7/14/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Richard!

The new ones downloaded and extracted fine. Can't wait to try this out this weekend! :)

claudio canepa

Jul 14, 2012, 6:48:47 PM7/14/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Richard Jones <r1char...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've (finally) pushed out the 1.2alpha1 release!

HUGE THANKS to everyone who made this release possible - especially
those who put in the work to make the Python3 and 64-bit compatibility
changes.

Great !! Kudos to all the people involved.

--
claudio

anatoly techtonik

Jul 16, 2012, 6:45:46 AM7/16/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
+1

Stu.Axon

Jul 21, 2012, 9:01:35 AM7/21/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic work :)

Rui Carmo

Jul 22, 2012, 5:02:51 AM7/22/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Congrats. I'll run it under Mountain Lion and let you know how it works out :)

Hello3171

Aug 21, 2012, 7:06:21 PM8/21/12
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
This is great! I updated my project to use this with python 3.2.1 on Windows 7 x64 and it just worked!