pyglet.gl.lib.MissingFunctionException

Paul

Aug 14, 2008, 2:17:18 PM8/14/08
to pyglet-users
I wrote the program Brain Workshop in python/pyglet.
http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net

Certain users report the following error:

pyglet.gl.lib.MissingFunctionException: glGenBuffers is not exported
by the available OpenGL driver. VERSION_1_5 is required for this
functionality.
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'VertexDomain' object has no
attribute 'attributes'" in <bound method VertexDomain.__del__ of
<VertexDomain@2583030 allocs=[]>> ignored

Is there any workaround for this or should I just tell them to get a
new video card?

Thanks,
Paul

Alex Holkner

Aug 14, 2008, 7:53:43 PM8/14/08
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com

The error is due to a nonconforming video card (i.e., one that reports
itself as supporting OpenGL 1.5, yet not exposing the required
functionality). If possible, please ask them to run "python -m
pyglet.info" and send in the results, so I can add in a permanent
workaround for those video cards.

It's also possibly a bug in pyglet, though this would likely have been
found by now.

You can work around the problem by setting
pyglet.options['graphics_vbo'] = False before importing any other
pyglet modules. This disables VBOs unconditionally, but this
shouldn't be a problem as your program doesn't look particularly
graphics intensive.

Cheers
Alex.