ANN : Miru-0.0.1

Drew Smathers

Feb 12, 2008, 1:26:51 PM2/12/08
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on some higher level abstractions for OpenGL to use in games and possibly other applications.  Miru is definitely not ready for mass consumption, but I think parts of it are now mostly usable.  Since I'd like to use it in PyWeek, consider this a formal release announcement.

You can get the sources with mercurial:

  hg clone http://enterthefoo.com:8001/Miru Miru

Or grab the pre-alpha release (version 0.0.1):

  http://www.enterthefoo.com/static/code/miru-0.0.1.tar.gz

Please understand that I don't plan on making regular releases - but the tip of the mercurial repository is for the most part a "stable" release since I don't push changes from my local clone until verifying unit and functional tests.  While there is 0 external documentation, you can find several (hopefully) functioning examples in the examples directory.

Overview of core modules/features:

* miru.camera - Camera and lighting objects
* miru.osd - Provides an on-screen-display class
* miru.tools.obj - A wavefront obj parser
* miru.editor - Line editing utilities, a console that uses OSD, python interpreter mode, etc.
* miru.mesh - A handful of drawing objects.

Cheers,
Drew