My simple GUI library for Pyglet

Steve

Mar 25, 2009, 5:34:28 PM3/25/09
to pyglet-users
It looks like my ResourceVault post went totally unnoticed, even
though it's awesome. Let's try this again with another bit of code
that I have recently cleaned up.

I wrote a library that can be used to make game title screens and the
like. There are text and image buttons, key handlers, and various
other things I found useful when writing my uDG entry 'gw0rp.' There
is plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but the current
version is good enough for most games' needs.

Read the docs and download at the Github page: http://github.com/irskep/pyglui

I wrote a simple flash card app that demonstrates its basic usage. I
will be uploading and linking it shortly.

Harry Tormey

Mar 25, 2009, 5:51:27 PM3/25/09
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Stupid question but what licence is this under (i.e is it public domain)?
Looks handy btw.
--
Harry Tormey
P2P Research

Steve

Mar 25, 2009, 6:36:38 PM3/25/09
to pyglet-users
Oh, I'm sorry, it was stupid of me to forget to include that. This
library and the other one I posted are Creative Commons Attribution
3.0.

Harry Tormey

Mar 25, 2009, 7:47:04 PM3/25/09
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok fair enough. I thought creative commons was more of a documentation licence?

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ

"Can I use a Creative Commons license for software?

We do not recommend it. Creative Commons licenses should not be used
for software. We strongly encourage you to use one of the very good
software licenses which are already available. We recommend
considering licenses made available by the Free Software Foundation or
listed at the Open Source Initiative. Unlike our licenses, which do
not make mention of source or object code, these existing licenses
were designed specifically for use with software."

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:36:38PM -0700, Steve wrote:

> Oh, I'm sorry, it was stupid of me to forget to include that. This
> library and the other one I posted are Creative Commons Attribution
> 3.0.
>
> On Mar 25, 5:51?pm, Harry Tormey <slan...@unworkable.org> wrote:
> > Stupid question but what licence is this under (i.e is it public domain)?
> > Looks handy btw.
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:34:28PM -0700, Steve wrote:
> >
> > > It looks like my ResourceVault post went totally unnoticed, even
> > > though it's awesome. Let's try this again with another bit of code
> > > that I have recently cleaned up.
> >
> > > I wrote a library that can be used to make game title screens and the
> > > like. There are text and image buttons, key handlers, and various
> > > other things I found useful when writing my uDG entry 'gw0rp.' There
> > > is plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but the current
> > > version is good enough for most games' needs.
> >
> > > Read the docs and download at the Github page:http://github.com/irskep/pyglui
> >
> > > I wrote a simple flash card app that demonstrates its basic usage. I
> > > will be uploading and linking it shortly.
> >
> > --
> > Harry Tormey
> > P2P Researchhttp://p2presearch.com
> > PyGameSFhttp://pygamesf.org

Steve

Mar 25, 2009, 8:17:08 PM3/25/09
to pyglet-users
Do what you want with it. I don't really care. It's not very
complicated code. It's easy to duplicate but handy to have lying
around.

I added these lines to most of the files:
"This code is in the public domain. Do whatever you want with it.
Attribution would be nice."

Sorry about all the license confusion. I really don't care about
licenses for tiny amounts of code like this, so I often forget to
mention that fact.

Harry Tormey

Mar 25, 2009, 8:57:29 PM3/25/09
to pyglet...@googlegroups.com
Awesome thanks!

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 05:17:08PM -0700, Steve wrote:

> Do what you want with it. I don't really care. It's not very
> complicated code. It's easy to duplicate but handy to have lying
> around.
>
> I added these lines to most of the files:
> "This code is in the public domain. Do whatever you want with it.
> Attribution would be nice."
>
> Sorry about all the license confusion. I really don't care about
> licenses for tiny amounts of code like this, so I often forget to
> mention that fact.

Steve

Apr 5, 2009, 7:37:31 PM4/5/09
to pyglet-users
I have written a simple flash card program as an example for this
library. I use it personally to study my German vocabulary.

http://github.com/irskep/pyflipcard