PyMSNt + Exchange Messaging Service

K0NCTANT1N

Jun 9, 2008, 3:55:01 AM6/9/08
to py-transports
How possibly to utillize this transport for connecting to Exchange
Messaging Service to the server?

K0NCTANT1N

Jun 10, 2008, 8:41:18 AM6/10/08
to py-transports
not succeeded to find description of protocol of Rendezvous Protocol
(RVP) :(

K0NCTANT1N

Jun 12, 2008, 3:09:45 AM6/12/08
to py-transports
Who will help? How possible work of this transport with Exchange?

Chris Johnston

Jun 12, 2008, 5:09:18 PM6/12/08
to py-transports
Not possible that I know of unless you develop the transport from
ground up. If you want your XMPP service to work with AD structure ..
you should look into LDAP as a method of extracting AD information...
which happens to be where exchange gets most of its information.

And then convert your email service to Linux/Unix.... Replace Outlook
with TunderBird, and implement a honest cross-platform calendar
solution ;->

Norman Rasmussen

Jun 14, 2008, 4:03:03 PM6/14/08
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Chris Johnston <Cto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not possible that I know of unless you develop the transport from
ground up.  If you want your XMPP service to work with AD structure ..
you should look into LDAP as a method of extracting AD information...
which happens to be where exchange gets most of its information.

I think the point is that there's a more corporate build of MSN messenger that will connect to your local exchange server too.  I think what k0nctant1n is hoping is that the protocol used on the public facing MSN servers and the private/corporate network Exchange/MSN servers is similar enough that he can just point the transport to the private server instead of the public MSN servers.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: nor...@rasmussen.co.za

K0NCTANT1N

Jun 17, 2008, 5:38:59 AM6/17/08
to py-transports
No, in this company service MSN is not connected with a public server

K0NCTANT1N

Jun 19, 2008, 9:56:29 AM6/19/08
to py-transports
Does someone have ideas yet?