PyMSNt - problem with CVR0 in version string

ulfmagnetics

Aug 4, 2008, 7:58:25 PM8/4/08
to py-transports
Hi,

Our MSN gateway (pymsnt-0.11.3) stopped working sometime over the
weekend and I spent some time today tracking down the problem. Turns
out the protocol handshake was getting stuck during the initial
exchange of version strings:

client: VER 1 MSNP11 CVR0
server: VER 1 MSNP11

The handshake then bombed out with "Error in line: VER 1 MSNP11
(Invalid version response)".

I was able to work around the problem by changing line 113 of src/
legacy/msn/msn.py as follows:

#MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11 CVR0" # protocol version
MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11" # protocol version

Could it be the case that MSN is no longer supporting the CVR0
protocol? Anybody ever encounter this issue before?

Regards,
John Berry

Jon

Aug 5, 2008, 5:45:30 AM8/5/08
to py-transports
We've seen the same problem, though it only seems to affect some MSN
domains. In particular, we found that hotmail.com worked fine, but
live.co.uk domains redirect to a server which doesn't report CRV0 in
its version string. We solved the problem in the same way you have,
though I don't know if this will bring other issues to light. CRV
seems, from what I've read, to relate to interchange of client and
operating system information, and so I don't expect the transport to
do much of that, but maybe someone else can comment on its use?

Jon

Roger Jochem

Aug 5, 2008, 7:51:02 AM8/5/08
to py-transports
I tried to change that line, but the problem remains... No connection
(timeout). Any other ideas?
> > John Berry- Ocultar texto entre aspas -
>
> - Mostrar texto entre aspas -

Yann Leboulanger

Aug 5, 2008, 7:52:11 AM8/5/08
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
Roger Jochem wrote:
> I tried to change that line, but the problem remains... No connection
> (timeout). Any other ideas?

it worked for me

Thanks !
--
Yann

Roger Jochem

Aug 5, 2008, 7:58:46 AM8/5/08
to py-transports
What should I do? Just change that line and then restart Pymsnt?

Wouter Horré

Aug 5, 2008, 8:09:49 AM8/5/08
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:58 AM, ulfmagnetics <ulfmag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to work around the problem by changing line 113 of src/
> legacy/msn/msn.py as follows:
>
> #MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11 CVR0" # protocol version
> MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11" # protocol version

This worked for me too.

regards
Wouter
--
http://wouter.horre.be/

Roger Jochem

Aug 5, 2008, 8:20:16 AM8/5/08
to py-transports
It worked now!

I also upgraded to 0.11.3 to try to solve the problem... Now I found
in the list that there was a configuration change in 0.11.3 also...
Now everything is running fine again...

Regards

On 5 ago, 09:09, "Wouter Horré" <wouter.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Martin Sebald

Aug 5, 2008, 8:51:03 AM8/5/08
to py-transports
I also use 0.11.3 (Debian package 0.11.3-1.1) but nobody was
complaining yet.

But to be on the save side I changed the MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION to
MSNP11 (without the CVR0). Is this really the best thing to do?

BTW: After restart I noticed this in the logfile:

[2008-08-05 14:47:59] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
base.py", line 1057, in mainLoop
self.runUntilCurrent()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
base.py", line 705, in runUntilCurrent
call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
defer.py", line 243, in callback
self._startRunCallbacks(result)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
defer.py", line 312, in _startRunCallbacks
self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
defer.py", line 328, in _runCallbacks
self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/share/pymsnt/src/main.py", line 361, in cb
twistd.removePID(config.pid)
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'removePID'

Seems to be the same like with PyAIMt which I noticed yesterday (see
the other thread). Is there also a patch for that?

Regards,
Martin

r000n

Aug 5, 2008, 9:50:57 AM8/5/08
to py-transports

Andres Genovez

Aug 5, 2008, 12:13:21 PM8/5/08
to py-transports

On 4 ago, 18:58, ulfmagnetics <ulfmagnet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our MSN gateway (pymsnt-0.11.3) stopped working sometime over the
> weekend and I spent some time today tracking down the problem.  Turns
> out the protocol handshake was getting stuck during the initial
> exchange of version strings:
>
> client:  VER 1 MSNP11 CVR0
> server: VER 1 MSNP11
>
> The handshake then bombed out with "Error in line: VER 1 MSNP11
> (Invalid version response)".

Hi, I am from Ecuador and that solution woked for me

r000n

Aug 5, 2008, 12:46:09 PM8/5/08
to py-transports

On Aug 5, 4:09 pm, "Wouter Horré" <wouter.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:58 AM, ulfmagnetics <ulfmagnet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was able to work around the problem by changing line 113 of src/
> > legacy/msn/msn.py as follows:
>
> > #MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11 CVR0"      # protocol version
> > MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11"      # protocol version
>
> This worked for me too.

This solution as patch:
pymsnt$ patch -p1 < pymsnt-version.patch
http://groups.google.com/group/py-transports/web/pymsnt-version.patch

Pat59

Aug 6, 2008, 3:04:24 AM8/6/08
to py-transports
> I was able to work around the problem by changing line 113 of src/
> legacy/msn/msn.py as follows:
>
> #MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11 CVR0" # protocol version
> MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11" # protocol version

Hi,

worked for me too, thanks.

Patrick

Nahuel

Aug 6, 2008, 3:54:52 AM8/6/08
to py-transports
Worked for me, thank you for the patch.

Chupete

Aug 7, 2008, 1:59:47 PM8/7/08
to py-transports
Hi,

Help me, I Have the version PSI 0.11. and me too I have the some
problem.

"Failed to connect to MSN servers: [Failure instance: Traceback
(failure with no frames): exceptions.Exception: Timeout]"

I see the solution, but I Haven't the Directory ..
src/legacy/msn/msn.py and I not exits the file "msn.py" in my psi0.11.

Anybody help me please..07-AUG-2008

Predrag Minic

Aug 7, 2008, 2:40:16 PM8/7/08
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
It's not a PSI problem, it is a server (transport) side problem.
The jabber server you are connecting to is using pyMSN transport, and
that transport needs to be patched.

Regards,
Pedja

Chupete

Aug 7, 2008, 3:59:59 PM8/7/08
to py-transports
Hi,

So, What I do?

where is address for download the parche ...
and how can install this??

Regards,

On 7 ago, 15:40, "Predrag Minic" <mipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a PSI problem, it is a server (transport) side problem.
> The jabber server you are connecting to is using pyMSN transport, and
> that transport needs to be patched.
>
> Regards,
> Pedja

r000n

Aug 8, 2008, 4:47:25 AM8/8/08
to py-transports

On Aug 7, 11:59 pm, Chupete <chup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     So, What I do?
>
> where is address for download the parche ...
> and how can install this??

If you user of a transport, you should contact with administrator of
your jabber-server. Say about problem and ask his apply this patch

If you - administrator, then:
1. Download patch from this link (http://groups.google.com/group/py-
transports/web/pymsnt-version.patch)
2. Put it into PyMSNt directory (usually is /usr/share/pymsnt)
3. Execute command 'patch -p1 < pymsnt-version.patch'

Norman Rasmussen

Aug 8, 2008, 7:37:45 AM8/8/08
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:58 AM, ulfmagnetics <ulfmag...@gmail.com> wrote:
MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = "MSNP11"      # protocol version

FYI: In South Africa it worked yesterday (Aug 7) on the old code, and then today (Aug 8) it stopped working, applied the patch, and we're working 100% again.  So it looks like the roll out of the new code is region-by-region.

Once again thanks John for figuring this one out!

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: nor...@rasmussen.co.za

Chupete

Aug 8, 2008, 9:37:30 AM8/8/08
to py-transports
Ok, So, I can't Do nothing...

I Hope the administrator apply the parche in the server in South
America,.
But Who is the administrator here?
somebody have the e-mail this adminitrator?..

I am not sure, but I think the server is: I am from South America,.
jabber.tcweb.org
msn.tcweb.org

How and who is the adminitrator for apply this parche?

Regards, 08-AUG-2008

Martin Sebald

Aug 9, 2008, 6:55:32 PM8/9/08
to py-transports
For the last about two days PyMSNt is running crazy with memory and
logfile messages. 300-400kb logfile a day...

All full of these messages:

[2008-08-10 00:07:52] Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: __builtin__.int: 210

[2008-08-10 00:07:55] Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: __builtin__.int: 210

[2008-08-10 00:07:57] Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: __builtin__.int: 210

Martin Sebald

Aug 11, 2008, 6:04:53 AM8/11/08
to py-transports
PyMSNt is really running mad here on my server. 4 megabytes of logfile
yesterday...

Right now a lot of these messages:

[2008-08-11 11:08:55] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/
log.py", line 51, in callWithLogger
return callWithContext({"system": lp}, func, *args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/
log.py", line 36, in callWithContext
return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args,
**kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/
context.py", line 59, in callWithContext
return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func,
*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/
context.py", line 37, in callWithContext
return func(*args,**kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
selectreactor.py", line 146, in _doReadOrWrite
why = getattr(selectable, method)()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
tcp.py", line 362, in doRead
return self.protocol.dataReceived(data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/protocols/
basic.py", line 239, in dataReceived
return self.rawDataReceived(data)
File "/usr/share/pymsnt/src/legacy/msn/msn.py", line 854, in
rawDataReceived
self.setLineMode(extra)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/protocols/
basic.py", line 254, in setLineMode
return self.dataReceived(extra)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/protocols/
basic.py", line 231, in dataReceived
why = self.lineReceived(line)
File "/usr/share/pymsnt/src/legacy/msn/msn.py", line 810, in
lineReceived
if len(cmd) != 3: raise MSNProtocolError, "Invalid
Command, %s" % repr(cmd)
legacy.msn.msn.MSNProtocolError: Invalid Command, 'MIME-
Version:'

Jose Luis Canciani

Aug 12, 2008, 12:47:58 PM8/12/08
to py-transports