ANN: Pure 0.49 et al

Albert Graef

Nov 16, 2011, 5:10:44 AM11/16/11
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Pure 0.49 is out. You can grab it here:

http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.49.tar.gz (source)
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-docs-0.49.tar.gz (manual)
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.49.msi (Windows msi)

Most important changes in this release:

- New built-in __list__ macro.
http://docs.pure-lang.googlecode.com/hg/purelib.html#__list__

- New conditional compilation pragmas.
http://docs.pure-lang.googlecode.com/hg/pure.html#conditional-compilation

- Considerable speedups in some vector and slicing operations involving
contiguous ranges.
http://docs.pure-lang.googlecode.com/hg/purelib.html#slicing,
http://docs.pure-lang.googlecode.com/hg/purelib.html#rowvectorseq

- Some bugfixes and improvements in the comparison operations of the
dictionary and set data types (as discussed on the mailing list).

- The runtime now has support for interpreter-local storage and
syntactic equality callbacks for tagged pointers (see runtime.h).

Please check the release notes and the linked manual sections for details.

Along with this release, I also released the following packages:

- pure-mpfr 0.3 now features proper syntactic equality of mpfr numbers.

- pure-stldict 0.1 is the initial release of my new STL dictionary/set
module; see http://docs.pure-lang.googlecode.com/hg/pure-stldict.html
for details.

These both require Pure 0.49. Downloads:

http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-mpfr-0.3.tar.gz
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-stldict-0.1.tar.gz

The following packages are just minor (cosmetic) updates (no functional
changes); upgrading is recommended, but not strictly necessary.

http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-fastcgi-0.5.tar.gz
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-gen-0.15.tar.gz
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-gsl-0.11.tar.gz
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-midi-0.5.tar.gz

The above are all included in the pure-0.49.msi package for Windows,
except pure-midi for which there is a separate msi package here:

http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-midi-0.5.msi

Enjoy! :)
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany