ANN: pure-0.18a, pure-odbc-0.1

Albert Graef

Feb 25, 2009, 12:41:50 PM2/25/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

pure-odbc 0.1 is the much-awaited initial release of the ODBC database
interface module, ported from Q by Jiri Spitz (mostly). Thanks Jiri!

Tarball: http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-odbc-0.1.tar.gz

---

pure-0.18a is a hotfix release which includes the pure_symbol.patch
which I posted recently. You should be running this instead of the stock
0.18 if you plan to use pure-odbc.

Tarball: http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.18a.tar.gz

The Windows MSI has the same patch applied and now also includes
pure-odbc: http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.18a.msi

Enjoy! :)
Albert

P.S.: Jiri, I wrote a minimal blurb for the pure-odbc entry on the
Addons wiki page: http://code.google.com/p/pure-lang/wiki/Addons
Feel free to edit.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany

Albert Graef

Feb 26, 2009, 5:23:23 AM2/26/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
pure-gen has now been ported to Windows, too. New msi at:
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.18a.msi

(Yeah, it's the same version number, sorry about that. If you already
installed the msi from yesterday, just uninstall that and install the
new one instead.)

Note that you'll need gcc-4.3 for pure-gen to work. Instructions are
included, see the ReadMe.txt file, or the ReadMe in the PurePad help.

Next on my list: get pure-gtk to work on Windows.

Albert

Albert Graef

Feb 26, 2009, 4:09:01 PM2/26/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Albert Graef wrote:
> pure-gen has now been ported to Windows, too. New msi at:
> http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-0.18a.msi

I updated this once more, so that pure-gen 0.3 is now included.

> Next on my list: get pure-gtk to work on Windows.

Package now up at:
http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-gtk-0.1.msi

This is to be installed into the same directory as Pure. It includes all
of GTK 2.14.7 and thus is fairly big.

The Pure-GTK examples seem to require a console to work, so they won't
run inside PurePad. Go figure. I created some shortcuts in the Pure menu
instead.

Enjoy. :)

Ryan Schmidt

Feb 28, 2009, 7:30:45 AM2/28/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:41, Albert Graef wrote:

> pure-odbc 0.1 is the much-awaited initial release of the ODBC database
> interface module, ported from Q by Jiri Spitz (mostly). Thanks Jiri!
>
> Tarball: http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-odbc-0.1.tar.gz

Typo in the readme: Multiprecission => Multiprecision. Actually on
their homepage they call it the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic
Library.

Also: non-existant => nonexistent

Ryan Schmidt

Feb 28, 2009, 8:16:25 AM2/28/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:41, Albert Graef wrote:

> pure-odbc 0.1 is the much-awaited initial release of the ODBC database
> interface module, ported from Q by Jiri Spitz (mostly). Thanks Jiri!
>
> Tarball: http://pure-lang.googlecode.com/files/pure-odbc-0.1.tar.gz

pure-odbc is now in MacPorts, using unixODBC. It builds but I didn't
test whether it works.

Albert Graef

Feb 28, 2009, 11:29:54 AM2/28/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Typo in the readme: Multiprecission => Multiprecision. Actually on
> their homepage they call it the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic
> Library.

Yeah, but everybody else just calls it the GNU Multiprecision Library. :)

> Also: non-existant => nonexistent

Fixed, thanks for reporting!

Albert

Albert Graef

Feb 28, 2009, 11:38:16 AM2/28/09
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> pure-odbc is now in MacPorts, using unixODBC. It builds but I didn't
> test whether it works.

Thanks! Presumably someone will test it in time. :)