how to let the puppetmasterd fast and fast

huangmingyou

Mar 28, 2008, 2:00:57 AM3/28/08
to Puppet Users
hi,all
My puppetmaster have more and more manifests ,and it's run very
slow now. how to set can let the puppetmaster run fast ?

huang mingyou

Jean-Baptiste Quenot

Mar 28, 2008, 5:31:01 AM3/28/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Which version do you use? Can you provide more details?

Thanks in advance,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/blog/

huangmingyou

Mar 28, 2008, 7:03:31 AM3/28/08
to Puppet Users
facter version is 1.3.7,puppet on client side is 0.23.2 ,puppet on
server side is 0.24.1 ,and use the external resource. mysql server
version is 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log. os is debian sarge.

Blake Barnett

Mar 28, 2008, 2:42:01 PM3/28/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 28, 2008, at 4:03 AM, huangmingyou wrote:

> facter version is 1.3.7,puppet on client side is 0.23.2 ,puppet on
> server side is 0.24.1 ,and use the external resource. mysql server
> version is 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log. os is debian sarge.

You have storeconfigs=true in puppet.conf?
If so:
How many clients do you have?
How long does it take to compile & store your catalogs?
How long does it take to compile a catalog if you turn off
storeconfigs?

-Blake

huangmingyou

Mar 28, 2008, 10:06:36 PM3/28/08
to Puppet Users
yes,I set storeconfigs = true in puppet.conf. and have 119 hosts. the
time to compile and store the catalogs i don't know, how to get it ?

Blake Barnett

Mar 28, 2008, 10:39:10 PM3/28/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 28, 2008, at 7:06 PM, huangmingyou wrote:

> yes,I set storeconfigs = true in puppet.conf. and have 119 hosts. the
> time to compile and store the catalogs i don't know, how to get it ?

It should show up in your logs. To see it on the console run
puppetmasterd like so:

# /usr/sbin/puppetmasterd --debug --verbose --no-daemonize

-Blake

huangmingyou

Mar 29, 2008, 3:57:05 AM3/29/08
to Puppet Users
from server side:
info: Stored catalog for sh-zj3.tele.nagios.i.vmx.cn in 5.52 seconds
notice: Compiled configuration for sh-zj3.tele.nagios.i.vmx.cn in
20.63 seconds
from client side:
notice: Finished configuration run in 8.28 seconds

David Schmitt

Mar 29, 2008, 1:58:21 PM3/29/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

Nigel Kersten

Mar 30, 2008, 10:50:44 PM3/30/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:58 AM, David Schmitt <da...@schmitt.edv-bus.at> wrote:

--
Nigel Kersten
Systems Administrator

huangmingyou

Mar 31, 2008, 2:57:27 AM3/31/08
to Puppet Users
in my hosts group have many squid server, so if can use squid to proxy
client request,the will be nice. but I can't find some document for do
that.

I 'll test pound and apache proxy.