ANNOUNCE: 0.24.2 is out

1 view

Luke Kanies

Mar 3, 2008, 11:40:03 AM3/3/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

At long last, 0.24.2 is out. Here's the changelog:

Fixing #1062 by moving the yamldir setting to its own yaml
section. This should keep the yamldir from being created
on clients.

Fixed #1047 -- Puppet's parser no longer changes the order
in which statements are evaluated, which means that case
statements can now set variables that are used by other
variables.

Fixed #1063 -- the master correctly logs syntax errors when
reparsing during a single run.

Removed the loglevels from the valid values for `logoutput`
in the Exec resource type -- the log levels are specified
using the `loglevel` parameter, not `logoutput`. This never
worked, or at least hasn`t for ages, and now the docs are
just correct.

Somewhat refactored fileserving so that it no longer caches
any objects, nor does it use Puppet's RAL resources. In the
process, I fixed #894 (you can now copy links) and refactored
other classes as necessary. Mostly it was fixing tests.

Hopefully partially fixed #1010 -- clients should now fail
to install files whose checksums do not match the checksum
from the server.

Fixed #1018 -- resources now have their namevars added as
aliases in the resource catalog, just like they were added
in the resource classes.

Fixed #1037 -- remote unreadable files no longer have the
permission denied exceptions caught, thus forbidding them
from being replaced with 'nil'.

Fixed #1043 -- autoloading now searches the plugins directory
in each module, in addition to the lib directory. The 'lib'
directory is also deprecated, but supported for now to give
people a chance to convert.

Fixed #1003 -- Applying DavidS's patch to fix searching for
tags in sql.

Fixed #992 -- Puppet is now compatible with gems 1.0.1.

Fixed #968 again, this time with tests -- parseonly works,
including not compiling the configurations, and also storeconfigs
is no longer required during parse-testing.

Fixed #1021 -- the problem was that my method of determining
the in-degree sometimes resulted in a lower number than the
number of in-edges.

Fixed #997 -- virtual defined types are no longer evaluated.
NOTE: This introduces a behaviour change, in that you previously
could realize a resource within a virtual defined resource, and now
you must realize the entire defined resource, rather than just
the contained resource.

Fixed #1030 - class and definition evaluation has been
significantly
refactored, fixing this problem and making the whole interplay
between the classes, definitions, and nodes, and the Compile
class much
cleaner.

Exec resources must now have unique names, although the commands
can still
be duplicated. This is easily accomplished by just specifying a
unique
name with whatever (unique or otherwise) command you need.

Fixed #989 -- missing CRL files are correctly ignored, and the
value should be set to 'false' to explicitly not look for these
files.

Fixed #1017 -- environment-specific modulepath is no longer
ignored.

Fixing #794 -- consolidating the gentoo configuration files.

Fixing #976 -- both the full name of qualified classes and
the class parts are now added as tags. I've also
created a Tagging module that we should push throughout
the rest of the system that uses tags.

Fixing #995 -- puppetd no longer dies at startup if the server
is not running.

Fixing #977 -- the rundir is again set to 1777.

Fixed #971 -- classes can once again be included multiple
times.

Added builtin support for Nagios types using
Naginator to parse and generate the files.

As you can see, this is almost entirely a bugfix release.

Tarballs and gems are available at http://reductivelabs.com/
downloads/, and I'm in the process of pushing the releases to
rubyforge et al.

--
Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but, unlike charity, it
should end there. --Clare Booth Luce

David Lutterkort

Mar 5, 2008, 6:17:33 PM3/5/08

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 10:40 -0600, Luke Kanies wrote:
> At long last, 0.24.2 is out.

For those on Fedora/RHEL, I put packages for 0.24.2 into my repo[1] As
always, packages from my repo should be considered experimental and
prone to eat your offspring.

Official Fedora/EPEL packages are making their way through the builders
and should be available soon in the -testing repos. If all goes well, I
will push those packages to the -updates repos in about a week.

David

[1] http://people.redhat.com/dlutter/yum