0.24.3 is out

Luke Kanies

Mar 17, 2008, 1:54:11 AM3/17/08
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

0.24.3 is now available in the regular locations (uploaded to
rubyforge, and available http://reductivelabs.com/downloads/puppet).

Here's the changelog:

Modified the ldap node terminus to also use the facts version
as the version for a node, which should similarly encourage the
use of the yaml cache. (Related to #1130)

Caching node information in yaml (I figured caching in memory will
cause ever-larger memory growth), and changing the external node
terminus to use the version of the facts as their version. This
will usually result in the cached node information being used,
instead of always hitting the external node app during file
serving. Note that if the facts aren't changed by the client,
then this will result in the cached node being used, but at this
point, the client always updates its facts. (#1130)

Fixing #1132 -- host names can now have dashes anywhere.
(Patch by freiheit.)

Fixing #1118 -- downloading plugins and facts now ignores noop.
Note that this changes the behaviour a bit -- the resource's
noop setting always beats the global setting (previously,
whichever was true would win).

The change in checksums from 'timestamp' to 'mtime' no longer
result in updates on every run (#1116).

Aliases again work in relationships (#1094).

The CA serial file will no longer ever be owned by
root (#1041).

Fixing the rest of #1113: External node commands can specify
an environment and Puppet will now use it.

Partially fixing #1113: LDAP nodes now support environments,
and the schema has been updated accordingly.

Always duplicating resource defaults in the parser, so that
stacked metaparameter values do not result in all resources
that receive a given default also getting those stacked
values.

--
Should I say "I believe in physics", or "I know that physics is true"?
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty, 602.