Google Tracker in Subscription E-mails Painfully Slow

Foster Coburn

May 30, 2009, 6:22:10 PM5/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I got the following message from a subscriber...

***

The blogger tracker in your daily e-mails is driving me nuts!
(blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker…)

It insists on “checking in” each time I not open the e-mail, but then
switch to another window with your e-mail open, etc. Even sending this
note to you requires the tracker to “check in.” Everything freezes
during this process.

As I write this, I’ve had to wait several times for “something” to
process. Don’t know if it’s the tracker.

***

Just to keep tabs on my feed, I'm also an e-mail subscriber and have
experience the very same problems. It can hang for over a minute
before the e-mail displays in Outlook.

So Feedburner staff, what gives with this? It needs to be corrected
ASAP before I lose all of my subscribers!

Foster Coburn

Foster Coburn

Jun 3, 2009, 11:44:39 AM6/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Feedburner staff, do you not care about bugs? I reported this problem
several days ago. Others have posted about the same issue. This bug is
causing to get upset and unsubscribe and we as publishers have no way
to prevent these intrusive graphics in our e-mails that will bring a
computer to a complete halt!

Please fix this bug ASAP!!!!

JTB World

Jun 4, 2009, 10:42:51 AM6/4/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I heard about this issue too by a customer today. Outlook shows a
dialog box "Contacting \\blogger.googleuserconte... for information."
with the option to Cancel.

Jimmy