Create a Scrolling Marquee w/ BuzzBoost

pogue24

Feb 21, 2006, 3:47:55 AM2/21/06
to Publicity Tools
I was getting kind of tired of the headline animator, because you can't customize the colors and it only shows a snippet of the headline (not to mention everyone has one and they all look the same) so I decided to try and make a nice little scrolling marquee instead. Here is how you do it.

<MARQUEE onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start() scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=100 direction=up height="100" align="left" width="100%">
</marquee>

Replace the xxxxx with your Feedburner id and then place it wherever you want on your blog. You can adjust the amount of items shown and etc, which is explained in the BuzzBoost tutorial. Then you can also adjust the scrolling speed of he marquee and so on based on how you want it

You can see how it looks on my blog here. It's in the upper right hand corner. I tested it and it works in IE, Opera and Firefox.

Enjoy!

jazer

Feb 21, 2006, 3:03:50 PM2/21/06
to Publicity Tools