Feedflare and b2evolution

Charles LePage

Oct 2, 2008, 1:54:51 PM10/2/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
It's been quite a while since I've been able to get Feedflare and my
b2evolution blog to cooperate. I'm curious to know if there are any
other b2e users here, and if so, what they've done to get Feedflare
working.

Charles LePage

Oct 2, 2008, 2:04:54 PM10/2/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Here is the tutorial that used to be found at
http://inversarium.org/blog/index.php/a/2007/09/15/integrate_feedflare_with_b2evolution

Adding FeedFlare to your B2Evo posts is pretty straightforward.

I presume you have a FeedBurner account in first place. You need to go
to Optimize>FeedFlare and check the options you want to enable for
FeedFlare for Site. You could enable it for your feeds too if you
wanna by checking Feed as well.

Now, browse your website directory's folder down to skins>/<enabled
skin for your blog> and open up the main.php file.

Now search for <div class="meta">. In it, you should see this as
probably the last line before the closing div:
<?php $Item->edit_link( '', '', T_('Edit This') ) // Link to
backoffice for editing ?>

Add the following below it:
<script src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~s/YOUR WEBSITE FEED NAME
HERE?i=<?php $Item->permanent_url() ?>" type="text/javascript"></
script>

That's it. You should be done. If you can't see it immediately, try
pinging FeedBurner and clicking the window icon (next to the RSS icon)
in your FeedBurner account page.
In case you still have an issue, drop a comment and I'll try and help
out. Look out for typo's when specifying your feed name. I got that
wrong and was wondering a while why my FeedFlare was not showing up.
Date: 15 Sep 2007 | Categories: B2Evolution | 4 comments

Email this • Sphere: Related Content • Save to del.icio.us • Digg
This! • Stumble It!
Comments

* I'm using b2evolution 1.9.3. I did get FeedFlare to work a while
back, but only by checking the 'Use extra-path info' box under App
settings in the back office (FeedFlare doesn't like the long addresses
with ampersands). Thing is, I have to keep this box unchecked, or else
the category system for blogs other than the main blog get screwed up
(I have a number of different blogs on the same site). What happens is
that clicking on links to posts just leads to an empty page instead of
to the right post. This is because the part of the address signifying
which blog the post is in gets left out if extra-path info is used.
For example, here's an address without extra-path info:

http://www.badthinking.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&title=honour_killings_in_syria&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

But with extra-path info, the blog=10 part gets left out, and
the system thinks all posts are in the main blog. Suggestions on what
to do about this would be greatly appreciated!

xapiens — 22 Sep 2007 at 06:51
* I don't know the answer to it but I plan on having multiple
blogs too and would need the solution to this sooner or later as well.
Did you try putting up a question at the forums?

Inverse [Member] — 15 Oct 2007 at 08:07
* Thanks for this post. I have extended what you have done to work
with multiple blogs. Your post got me 1/2 way there!

http://www.masonworld.com/computer/b2evo/adding-feedflare-to-b2evolution

Mark Mason — 03 Jan 2008 at 11:38
* I'm glad this post helped Mason. Cheers!

Inverse [Member] — 07 Jan 2008 at 04:14