Re: The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled

Message has been deleted

GadgetGuy

Nov 10, 2008, 2:34:51 PM11/10/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I'm having exactly the same problem. I've checked the code, and it all
looks good. I only started pushing this subscription yesterday, and 5
people have signed up and verified, but when I tried to sign up on my
address I got the on-screen message 'The feed does not have
subscriptions by email enabled'. which is incorrect, the service is
enabled.

Anyone?

On Nov 10, 9:30 pm, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
> have subscriptions by email enabled". I checked the code and looks
> like it is fine. How do I solve this?

Narayanan Hariharan

Nov 11, 2008, 1:07:25 AM11/11/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Can someone help me here?

markspeeding

Nov 12, 2008, 4:22:17 AM11/12/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Go into your feedburner account. Go to publicize. Then click on
Subscription Management, make sure email is active(located at the very
bottom of the screen. It should say “This service is active”. Next, go
to the middle of that screen and you’ll see the a lot of code that you
would use if you wanted to add an email box (html and all) to your
site. Here is what you need to do next.

Go to your wordpress account. Go to design, then click theme editor.
You’ll see the files on the right. Click on the area of the page that
the rss feed box is located. Most are located in the sidebar.php
file.

Now here is where it gets a a little tricky. You’ll need to manually
change the code. I would suggest copying and pasting the code as you
see it now to a word document and SAVING that document first. Do it
now…… okay, so you’re done.

Now scroll down until you see the following keywords:
onsubmit="window.open

Now, what you’ll want to do is go back to the feedburner page with the
html code. You’ll notice that the code there is similar to the code
inside the wordpress file.

Find the SAME keywords in the feedburner box:
onsubmit="window.open

NOW, after those words, grab the complete URL you see all the way to
the end. Should look something like this:
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=123456

You’ll see feed id with a number. DON’T grab the quotes on both ends.

Now, go back to the sidebar.php file and past that code IN PLACE OF
this URL: http://www.feedburner.com

Which is just after: onsubmit="window.open

Now, go back to the feedburner page. Look for the following inside the
html box:
<input type="hidden" value=http://feeds.feedburner.com/~e?ffid=123456
name="url"/>

Copy THAT URL only, as you did in the above step and go back to your
wordpress file.
Locate the following code:
<input value="<?php echo $artsee_feed; ?>" name="url"

Copy that URL in the place of the <?php echo $artsee_feed; ?> as seen
above.

Click on the SAVE button and you’ve just HACKED your way to getting
Feedburner to work with Wordpress!!!

I spend 10 HOURS trying to figure this out!. I just tested it as I am
typing this and it WORKED!!!!! Woohooo!!!!!

Email comments to marksp...@yahoo.com

If you appreciate this, sign up to my blog. www.markspeeding.com

I am working on changing the site around. Should be done soon.

11/12/08 @ 0412 am EST.

On Nov 11, 1:07 am, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
> Can someone help me here?
>
> On Nov 10, 3:30 pm, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:

> >havesubscriptionsbyemailenabled". I checked the code and looks

mstonewell

Nov 24, 2008, 2:28:29 PM11/24/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
This fix totally worked!! You ROCK Mark!!
> Email comments to [email address]
>
> If you appreciate this, sign up to my blog.www.markspeeding.com
>
> I am working on changing the site around. Should be done soon.
>
> 11/12/08 @ 0412 am EST.
>
> On Nov 11, 1:07 am, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
>
> > Can someone help me here?

NMR

Jan 8, 2009, 12:18:09 PM1/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
This is a great write up but I do not have <input value="<?php echo
$artsee_feed; ?>" name="url"
> anywhere on my WordPress page. (I'm trying to put this in the header to work with an existing subscribe form that was provided with the template I'm using. I've made sure that subscription by email is turned on, etc., and the form works perfectly until you enter the captcha info and click submit -- then it says that "The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled."

What am I missing? I'm running WordPress 2.7. The site is at
http://www.mbsn.org.

Thanks for any insight.
> Email comments to [email address]
>
> If you appreciate this, sign up to my blog.www.markspeeding.com
>
> I am working on changing the site around. Should be done soon.
>
> 11/12/08 @ 0412 am EST.
>
> On Nov 11, 1:07 am, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
>
> > Can someone help me here?

beyondjustmom

Jan 28, 2009, 12:33:03 PM1/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
I'm having the same problem and would love to find a solution!
http://www.beyondjustmom.com

knobcreekman

Feb 18, 2009, 6:33:30 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools

@ beyondjustmom and NMR: I just visited your respective sites and it
appears that your email subscriptions are working now. Can you tell
me what you did to make it work? Thanks!

rsam001

Mar 1, 2009, 5:59:36 PM3/1/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Hi Knobcreekman, just wondering if you were able to get your email
subscription working. Not sure if you heard back from beyondjustmom
and NMR. I followed Mark's instructions, but I am still having
problem.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Crystal Signature

Apr 28, 2009, 10:37:26 PM4/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools
Hi guys,

Just found out something you might be missing and so caused your feed
still not working:

Here is something supplemental to Mark's instruction:

once you created your feed, please don't forget to go to Publicize and
then "Email Subscriptions", there you need to activate your feed.

And if you still can't make your feed working after following Mark's
procedure, you probably need also manually change code for this part:
action="http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify"
Just look at the code in the multiple-line textbox in the page
feedburner page, it's basically the code to create a form for you, so
you just need to make your code change according to it, then
everything will be working. For sure. If you are still having problem,
feel free to send me an email at CrystalSignature at gmail.com, and if
you like, take a look at my gallery and leave me any comment.

Crystal Signature

M@tt

May 8, 2009, 10:03:37 AM5/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Publicity Tools

StartupTimes.in

Sep 18, 2012, 8:57:52 PM9/18/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem for my site  http://startuptimes.in   when I was initially setting up newsletter. Please follow this blog steps

On Monday, November 10, 2008 2:30:40 AM UTC-8, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
When I try signing up for email subscription on my new blog
http://www.threetipsaday.com/ i get the error - "The feed does not
have subscriptions by email enabled". I checked the code and looks

StartupTimes.in

Sep 18, 2012, 8:58:52 PM9/18/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem for my site  http://www.startuptimes.in   when I was initially setting up newsletter. Please follow this blog steps

StartupTimes.in

Sep 18, 2012, 9:00:30 PM9/18/12
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem for my site  http://www.startuptimes.in   when I was initially setting up newsletter. Please follow this blog steps

Wijdan Rohail

Jan 5, 2013, 7:43:18 AM1/5/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I really Appreciate, the way you provided the solution. I was having same error on my blog http://www.stunningmesh.com, whenever anybody tries to Subscribe to my feeds, the get "The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled" error. I was trying to solve and finally I tried the procedure mentioned by you and COOL, error removed and problem solved. Thanks so many a lot for removing my headache. God Bless you.

globe techhub

Jan 12, 2013, 7:33:57 AM1/12/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
hello...
same problem with me but i can't solve the problem
http://globetechhub.com

Tommy Bảo

Oct 7, 2013, 1:00:39 PM10/7/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I got the same thing, but I already found a solution here: http://www.yeutienganh123.com/

Amarnath Prajapati

Oct 10, 2013, 4:24:23 AM10/10/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com

filmv...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2013, 3:36:57 PM10/28/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com

j'ai le meme probleme sur mon site http://filmvf.net/

Rẻ Lắm

Dec 5, 2013, 9:35:39 PM12/5/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I also see this error when more changes to my blog and use the integrated wiget theme. I originally linked to ID as "http://feeds.feedburner.com/lamthenao". Then I changed the ID and just as the "Media Library". It works on http://www.lamthenao.org, hope this information help you.

Rẻ Lắm

Dec 5, 2013, 9:38:07 PM12/5/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I used Google Translate and it's changed my ID from "lamthenao" to "Media Library". Sorry!

Nuwan Abayasinghe

Dec 22, 2013, 9:49:10 PM12/22/13
to publici...@googlegroups.com
i have the same problem bro i put email for subcription box but it will appear error msg.my blog included blogger templates.this imy site url http://www.blogspotblogtemplates.blogspot.com/ this discussion very useful for me.thanks.

Elder Spencer

Feb 6, 2014, 2:59:23 AM2/6/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
hey bro, i am getting the smae problem here as i am using mythemeshop which unable to verify the email, i dont know how to solve it. Anybody help ? here's my site http://www.toptenstuffs.com/

Theo Turner

Mar 25, 2014, 8:25:10 AM3/25/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I have had this issue but got mine working this morning. For anyone who's stuck, here's what I did (please note that you may have already done this and I can't help you).

Though it's not made clear by Google, you have to include these two hidden input values just before the end of the html form, that is, after the submit button:

<input name="uri" type="hidden" value="NAMEGOESHERE" />          The name of your feed, found at the end of the feedburner URL
<input name="loc" type="hidden" value="LANGUAGEGOESHERE" />          e.g en_US

This got mine working (though it opens in a new tab rather than window, oddly).

fbartolom

Apr 3, 2014, 3:50:23 AM4/3/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I use the feedburner form on a normal web page: http://www.inarrivo.net, not on Wordpress blog. In that case I was first lead to authenticate on Google and once done it displayed that error. I tried again and everything went fine. Of course I am not sure normal user shall be as patient and persistent!
Also the thing seems to work particularly weirdly on the iPhone.

Cindi Golden-Moore

Apr 6, 2014, 10:14:27 AM4/6/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
Below it speaks of logging into my feed burner account. I didn't even know I had a feed burner account. So how do I log in? WHERE do I log in?

Mohamadreza Rezaei

Aug 15, 2014, 4:17:49 AM8/15/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
سلام چرا سیستم FeedBurner Google اجازه ثبت نام خبرنامه در بعضی از وبسایت ها را نمی ده مانند وبسایت "شورای اسلامی آمل" که ارور زیر را دریافت می کنم:

harish kumar chellappa

Sep 8, 2014, 11:00:57 AM9/8/14
to publici...@googlegroups.com
worked great thank you and my blog www.foolsays.com

Jo Huddleston

Jan 6, 2015, 1:24:14 PM1/6/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
My blog is on Blogger.com. My subscribers are not receiving notice of new posts. Anyone have a solution? Thanks

On Monday, November 10, 2008 4:30:40 AM UTC-6, Narayanan Hariharan wrote:
When I try signing up for email subscription on my new blog
http://www.threetipsaday.com/ i get the error - "The feed does not
have subscriptions by email enabled". I checked the code and looks

Matti Nescio

Jan 6, 2015, 6:37:47 PM1/6/15
On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:24:14 PM UTC+2, Jo Huddleston wrote:
My blog is on Blogger.com. My subscribers are not receiving notice of new posts. Anyone have a solution? Thanks

Did you delete your http://feeds.feedburner.com/JoHuddleston feed ?
If not, what is the Original Feed ?

The root of your problem is the fact that you've been copy&pasting
content into Blogger editor directly from Word,
instead of pasting via Notepad or pasting using Ctrl+Shift+V , not Ctrl+V
(if using Chrome or Firefox)

Besides reducing your max-results to 10 posts,
you should also remove the junk Word formatting
from your existing post.

Bobby C

Feb 28, 2015, 3:28:56 PM2/28/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem and can not find the code you are suggesting anywhere in my theme (Divi by Elegant Themes) to try this out. I've looked in all the available PHP files and do not see anything like what you're saying. Nothing at all like you suggest in sidebar.php or widgets.php, index.php and so on. Any ideas?
> >havesubscriptionsbyemailenabled". I checked the code and looks

Samex4rill

Mar 4, 2015, 1:30:08 AM3/4/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
did you already activated feedburner for the website?

Bobby C

Mar 4, 2015, 1:36:57 AM3/4/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
I got it working! It was a simple mistake of naming the feed incorrectly. Somehow Incloud Design had to be inclouddesign. Guess they work similar to email or URL and don't allow spaces or capitals. Thanks for the reply though and have a good night...

Ali Sajjad

Apr 9, 2015, 5:13:43 AM4/9/15
to publici...@googlegroups.com
What if i want to use it with a plugin , WP Subscriber for my wordpress blog?
Check it on my sidebar and tell me for this.URDUINPAGE