Terrible iTunes performance

jasonmlange

Oct 29, 2010, 10:25:44 PM10/29/10
to public-dns-discuss
Thought my new apple tv was crap until I did some searches and found
that my extremely long download times were being caused by my using
Google Public DNS. Switched back to roadrunner and it's going about
20x faster.

Hope Google can find a solution as I prefer the benefits of Google
Public DNS but can't live with the subpar itunes speeds!

Alex Nizhner

Nov 2, 2010, 9:46:28 AM11/2/10
to public-dn...@googlegroups.com

Sorry about the delay.  Others have reported occasional itunes issues in the past--it's that same CDN vs centralized DNS problem we're trying to address with http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandergaast-edns-client-ip-01.

In the meantime, it would help to get some specifics on your particular issue.  Would you mind running the diagnostics from http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html#troubleshooting on these names:

and doing traceroutes to the IPs you get via google dns vs roadrunner?  Feel free to reply off-list if you prefer.

Alex

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns