uploading own database

Alexander Limiyan

Aug 1, 2011, 9:25:18 AM8/1/11
to Google Public Data Explorer
hi guy,

can some one advise me how to upload my own data for display at my
site with google sites using this data explorer ?

thanks,
Alex

Benjamin Yolken

Aug 1, 2011, 11:04:19 AM8/1/11
to Google Public Data Explorer
Check out the following Help Center article for instructions:
http://www.google.com/support/publicdata/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1101476

Hope this helps,

Benjamin Yolken
Product Manager, Google Public Data Explorer

On Aug 1, 3:25 pm, Alexander Limiyan <defendo...@googlemail.com>

Alexander Limiyan

Aug 1, 2011, 8:54:48 PM8/1/11
to public-d...@googlegroups.com
Benjamin,

Thanks so much for quick reply.

I have another question.

We have data for 10,000 wells and would like to display them on global map
as different colour dots [appraisal, exploration, duster, development] and
have a searchable feature by country, well type, geology, rates.

I know google has kml mapper 2.0. it is a spread sheet but limited with 400
place marks and no data search option.

I have too much data and do not need such big place marks to display.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thank you,
Alex

Hope this helps,

Benjamin Yolken

Aug 2, 2011, 4:46:11 AM8/2/11
to Google Public Data Explorer
I would try Google Fusion Tables: http://www.google.com/fusiontables

The latter product can support thousands of points, KML import/export,
and searching / filtering over your data.

On Aug 2, 2:54 am, "Alexander Limiyan" <defendo...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Benjamin,
>
> Thanks so much for quick reply.
>
> I have another question.
>
> We have data for 10,000 wells and would like to display them on global map
> as different colour dots [appraisal, exploration, duster, development] and
> have a searchable feature by country, well type, geology, rates.
>
> I know google has kml mapper 2.0. it is a spread sheet but limited with 400
> place marks and no data search option.
>
> I have too much data and do not need such big place marks to display.
>
> Can you point me in the right direction please?
>
> Thank you,
> Alex

Alexander Limiyan

Aug 2, 2011, 2:44:59 PM8/2/11