TeamCity Integration

DamianH

Jul 9, 2011, 5:29:47 PM7/9/11
to psake-dev
Hi all,

For integrating with build scripts, TeamCity has a feature called
Blocks of Service Messages [0] that allows one to group log messages
as a unit. When using this you get a the current executing task
displayed in the TeamCity UI[1] and the log tree view is collapsible
at each task[2].

psake detects the it's being inside TeamCity by checking for an
environment variable the same way xunit does [3]. Of course, when not
using TeamCity, messages are logged to the console as before.

My changes are viewable on GitHub [4], and I've sent a pull request.
Let me know if there are any problems with it (implementation, style
etc).

Hope it gets included before 4.2 release :)

Cheers,

Damian Hickey
twitter.com/randompunter
gplus.to/damianh

[0]
http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/TCD65/Build+Script+Interaction+with+TeamCity#BuildScriptInteractionwithTeamCity-BlocksofServiceMessages
[1] http://i.imgur.com/xphsW.png
[2] http://i.imgur.com/3pwFN.png
[3] http://xunit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=HowToUseTeamCity
[4] https://github.com/damianh/psake/commit/26fe91df0193f5be4dfbcb17522f6b4ce74f2cdc

James Kovacs

Aug 5, 2011, 3:52:48 PM8/5/11
to psak...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a good idea. As lanwin notes, there is a more general need here, for example colourized output. Does someone want to take on the task of looking at a more general logging/output mechanism?

James
--
James Kovacs, B.Sc., M.Sc.
http://jameskovacs.com