PRS-300 - Memory Image Size Incorrect

Mar 13, 2011, 12:32:03 AM3/13/11
to PRS+ support
I erased all unnecessary files before I installed PRS-Plus, however I
must not have rebooted the reader properly. So now the new firmware
does not recognize that there are no books installed (i.e. 400MB). I
have less available memory than I should. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Mar 13, 2011, 3:07:07 AM3/13/11
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
How much memory you "should" have?
The only thing copied to internal mem is PRSPInstaller. You can remove it.
Better do it in "safe mode" booting with USB connected.

Mar 13, 2011, 3:12:15 AM3/13/11
to PRS+ support
Sorry for the confusion. Somehow my macbook recognizes the PRS-300 as
disk that has 440MB however the PRS-300 only lets me store 180 MB
worth of data. I have formated the internal memory and everything. I
have no books or any data on the unit, but it still act as if it has
less internal memory than I know that it has. I assumed that the
Installer updated the firmware code regarding device memory.

Mikheil Sukhiashvili

Mar 13, 2011, 3:17:49 AM3/13/11
to prsp-s...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't.
Try to format internal memory from the reader menu:
Settings => Advanced Settings => Format Internal Memory

Mar 13, 2011, 3:23:58 AM3/13/11
to PRS+ support
I have now removed the Installer, formated the internal memory and
reset the device. This has solved the problem. Thanks a lot for
clarifying that I was mistaken regarding the internal memory. I am
glad the problem is solved. Thanks a lot.

On Mar 13, 3:17 am, Mikheil Sukhiashvili <msukhiashv...@gmail.com>