Install problem --> Requires additional items

peter...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2008, 3:19:05 AM8/31/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hi,

I have installed the add-on and it shows up in the list of add-ons
with a red "!" and the message "Requires Additional Items"

I tried to up-date the version but no luck.

Any suggestions what I need to add?

Thanks much in advance,

CA

Philipp Kewisch

Aug 31, 2008, 6:10:32 AM8/31/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
Which versions do you have installed?

Provider 0.4 fits to Lightning 0.8.
Provider 0.5pre fits to Lightning 0.9pre

If you have been using Lighting/Sunbird for a while (i.e since 0.5 or
so), please try reinstalling Lightning/Sunbird (full reinstall!)
Philipp

peter...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2008, 9:16:49 AM8/31/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hi Philipp,

Thanks for speedy reply. Right after I sent my request I thought I
should have said more.

I had tried that and then after I received your mail I downloaded the
newest versions of both (Tbird and Sunbird) and uninstalled and
installed the new versions with no change.

I have windows XP Pro sp2 and XP media center, I am getting the same
situation on 2 computers.

Still the same message and no pull down option under "File -> New ->"

I am all ears...and thumbs :-)

Thanks again,

Craig

fedemw

Sep 5, 2008, 10:50:43 AM9/5/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
Hello Philipp,

I am using THunderbird under Ubuntu 8.04 and i had the same problem
commented by craig: provider says need "requires additional items"

Provider version its 0.4

And Lightning its 0.7 (build 2007120421)

Any solution for this?

Regards,

fedemw

Sep 5, 2008, 11:57:30 AM9/5/08
to Provider for Google Calendar
I SOLVED THIS ISSUE:

Please take a look of Software Requirements
* Linux kernel - 2.2.14 or higher with the following libraries or
packages:
o glibc 2.3.2 or higher
o XFree86-3.3.6 or higher
o gtk+2.0 or higher
o fontconfig (also known as xft)
o libstdc++5
(Many modern Linux distributions only package libstdc++6,
which is incompatible with Lightning. Therefore please install the
package "libstdc++5" or "compat-libstdc++" on your system before
installing Lightning)

1) In my case i needed libstdc++5

sudo apt-get install libstdc++5

2)
Lightning 0.7 only allows read mode, so i uninstalled it and installed
version 0.8.

Download from here
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/download.html

3)
Now you can install the Provider for Google Calendar.

Voilá! no more alert on add ons.

More info here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=773665

Regards,