Ajax.Autocompleter used in a frame doesn't work

Greenosity

Dec 15, 2008, 5:18:28 PM12/15/08
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
We have a web application that uses multiple frames. In one frame, we
have a page on which we are trying the use the Scriptaculous
Ajax.Autocompleter. As soon as the minimum number of characters are
entered in the text field, the entire page goes blank and nothing ever
happens after that. No error messages, nothing but a white page. If we
try this in a standalone HTML page (no frames involved), it works
fine. We have confirmed that our server page is returning what we
expect because it appears in the non-frame version page.

Is there something about using frames/framesets that interferes with
Ajax.Autocompleter?

Greenosity

Dec 17, 2008, 11:40:24 AM12/17/08
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
We found the solution: If we add 'position: relative' to the parent
This doesn't appear to be necessary if the same page is not in a frame.