Sortable tree is not working properly in the current version

Cyrus

Jan 26, 2009, 6:12:07 AM1/26/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi,

I played around with Sortable (with option "tree") in the last days.

First I thought it is working pretty well, see this example here:

http://dev.oriontransfer.co.nz/SortableTree/original/index.html

In my own application it didn't worked that well. I made a screencast
that is showing two examples: The first one is the one with problems,
the second one is the one working pretty good:

http://screencast.com/t/1VtzghG8

You can see the "flickering" when I am in the dragging mode. I cannot
drop it easily where I want to.

The only difference in these two examples are the versions of
scriptaculous used. I am using the current version and here it seems
broken.

I have tested this with Safari 3 and Fireworks 3 on MacOS Leopard.

Cyrus

Jan 27, 2009, 8:10:42 AM1/27/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
I have found another bug:

Sortable.create has a callback "update".

Update is never called in the example above (with the current version
of scriptaculous). Wheras it gets called with the older version (from
2005).

Cyrus

Jan 27, 2009, 9:12:04 AM1/27/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Ok, I was wrong about the last "bug": http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/sortable-serialize

I didn't use exactly the same id format (I didn't used the
underscore).

Still remains the first issue.

Stephen

Jan 27, 2009, 11:21:41 AM1/27/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
I just tested in Firefox 3.0.5 on Mac 10.4.11 and seems to work OK.
The items are supposed to turn semi-transparent when you drag them.
You should be able to disable that or change to a different effect
with one of the draggable options (starteffect, endeffect). I didn't
notice any other "flickering".

Cyrus

Jan 28, 2009, 5:57:41 AM1/28/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi Stephen,

I don't mean the ghosting mode - this is ok.

The link above (http://dev.oriontransfer.co.nz/SortableTree/original/
index.html ) has the old version which works good.

When you download that example and exchange the libraries with the
current versions, you can see that it is not working good anymore. It
is difficult to position the items in the list. Instead of flickering
I can also say the item is jumping/shifting from left to right.

I am using the same Firefox version.

Cyrus

Feb 9, 2009, 11:15:48 AM2/9/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Sorry for pushing this but please can someone confirm this bug.

I have uploaded both examples:

Old version of scriptaculous - working good:
http://www.woltlab.org/sortable1

New version of scriptaculous - working not so good
http://www.woltlab.org/sortable2

joneff

Feb 9, 2009, 11:52:38 AM2/9/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Confirm. IE 6 (SP1), IE7, FF 3.0.6 on Windows XP Pro SP2. Tried in FF
3.0.5 on Ubuntu. Same behaviour.

On Feb 9, 6:15 pm, Cyrus <arianglan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for pushing this but please can someone confirm this bug.
>
> I have uploaded both examples:
>
> Old version of scriptaculous - working good:http://www.woltlab.org/sortable1
>
> New version of scriptaculous - working not so goodhttp://www.woltlab.org/sortable2

Cyrus