Deprecation.js

Richard Quadling

Feb 14, 2008, 5:02:45 AM2/14/08
to prototy...@googlegroups.com, rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

If you comment out from prototype.js the deprecated functions/classes
(I take out the whole Position class for example), then deprecation.js
fails due to the lack of the namespace: Position.

So, using v1.6.0.2, should Position be defined but unused and
therefore be in the global namespace or should it be commented out and
deprecation.js cope with its absence?

(I can't quite decide if this is a core or a spinoff issue).

--
-----
Richard Quadling

Tobie Langel

Feb 14, 2008, 7:08:47 AM2/14/08
to Prototype: Core
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the thumbs up.

deprecation.js is meant to be used with prototype.js, not a subset of
it, so I don't think that's really an issue for now.

The plan is to keep this new prototype extension up to date with the
changes in Prototype, so once we remove the Position object, we'll add
it to deprecation.js.

Best,

Tobie

On Feb 14, 11:02 am, "Richard Quadling" <rquadl...@googlemail.com>

Tobie Langel

Feb 14, 2008, 7:09:43 AM2/14/08
to Prototype: Core

Richard Quadling

Feb 14, 2008, 7:10:43 AM2/14/08
On 14/02/2008, Tobie Langel <tobie....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for the thumbs up.
>
> deprecation.js is meant to be used with prototype.js, not a subset of
> it, so I don't think that's really an issue for now.
>
> The plan is to keep this new prototype extension up to date with the
> changes in Prototype, so once we remove the Position object, we'll add
> it to deprecation.js.

Aha. Ok. I see. I was getting ahead of the game by taking out
Postition before its time.

Thanks.

Richard Quadling

Feb 15, 2008, 6:58:36 AM2/15/08
On 14/02/2008, Richard Quadling <rqua...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 14/02/2008, Tobie Langel <tobie....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for the thumbs up.
> >
> > deprecation.js is meant to be used with prototype.js, not a subset of
> > it, so I don't think that's really an issue for now.
> >
> > The plan is to keep this new prototype extension up to date with the
> > changes in Prototype, so once we remove the Position object, we'll add
> > it to deprecation.js.
>

> Aha. Ok. I see. I was getting ahead of the game by taking out
> Postition before its time.
>
> Thanks.
>

> > On Feb 14, 11:02 am, "Richard Quadling" <rquadl...@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > If you comment out from prototype.js the deprecated functions/classes
> > > (I take out the whole Position class for example), then deprecation.js
> > > fails due to the lack of the namespace: Position.
> > >
> > > So, using v1.6.0.2, should Position be defined but unused and
> > > therefore be in the global namespace or should it be commented out and
> > > deprecation.js cope with its absence?
> > >
> > > (I can't quite decide if this is a core or a spinoff issue).

Would it be possible to add a version number/build number to the
extension please.

Tobie Langel

Feb 15, 2008, 7:38:44 AM2/15/08
to Prototype: Core
Ya,

I'm just trying to figure out a good way to do so as the plan is to
tie it to a specific version of Prototype.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Best,

Tobie