Conflict 1.6 with Virtual Earth in FireFix

Sergey

Jan 24, 2008, 2:55:58 PM1/24/08
to Prototype: Core
It likes like the latest (1.6) Prototype has a conflict with MS
Virtual Earth. The labels on the control panel are hidden in FireFix.

This is a short code that demonstrate the problem:

<head>
<title>Prototype.js vs. Virtual Earth</title>
<script src="http://www.prototypejs.org/assets/2007/11/6/
prototype.js"></script>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://dev.virtualearth.net/
mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=6">
</script>
<script>
var map = new VEMap('myMap');
map.LoadMap();
</script>

Removing the link to Prototype fixes the problem. Downgrading to the
1.5.1.1 also make sense. So, it is a conflict with 1.6 only.
Does anybody know the solution ?

Aaron

Feb 18, 2008, 8:02:53 AM2/18/08
to Prototype: Core
Hi Sergey,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem - unfortunatly downgrading to
1.5.x is no option for me (as I'm using scriptaculous 1.8.x which
relies upon prototype 1.6).
I'm wondering if you found a solution for the issue or if any of the
devs has any idea how to circumvent the problem.

It seems to me like atlascompat.js is the culprit (which is introduced
by virtual earth map control) - its never a good idea to have more
than one compat layer in effect at once...

Regrads
Olaf Freyer

Sjoerd Mulder

Feb 18, 2008, 11:55:24 AM2/18/08
to Prototype: Core
I have found the cause of this, see:
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-core/browse_thread/thread/e5efea2803aefe96
( Overwritten native Element definition )