Use existing Flex SDK

whitered

Apr 19, 2011, 4:11:59 AM4/19/11
to ProjectSprouts
Hello, I'm migrating spout from 0.7 to 1.1 and trying to avoid
downloading another Flex SDK. How can I point Sprout to the Flex SDK
that I already have?

Luke Bayes

Apr 19, 2011, 1:10:24 PM4/19/11
to project...@googlegroups.com
If you're using the flex4 gem, you should be able to refer to it by setting a system environment variable named "FLEX4=[pathtoflex]".

You can do this on the command line to test it out, or you can set it in your .bashrc, .bash_profile or registry as needed.

    rake test FLEX4=/home/lbayes/flexes/4.1

Best,

Luke

For other info you can visit our project at: http://projectsprouts.org, or on Github at: http://github.com/lukebayes/project-sprouts

Luke Bayes

Apr 20, 2011, 12:33:34 AM4/20/11
to project...@googlegroups.com
P.S.

The constant, SPROUT_FLEX4 should also work.

Thanks,

Luke

whitered

Apr 20, 2011, 4:31:38 AM4/20/11
to ProjectSprouts
I haven't use the flex4 gem, and I'm not sure if I have to. My Gemfile
contained the flashsdk gem only.
I just tried to add 'sprout-flex4-bundle' (is it the flex4 gem that
you have mentioned?) gem to the Gemfile, but it changed nothing.
I have defined the following environment variables: FLEX, FLEX_4,
FLEX_HOME, SRPOUT_FLEX3SDK_TOOL, SRPOUT_FLEX4. Each of them points to
'd:\sdks\flex_sdk_4.5.0.17855' (It worked on older versions of
sprout).
I'm on Windows 7 x64, under Msysgit's console. Any lauch of the rake
starts downloading flex_sdk_4.1.0.16.

Luke Bayes

Apr 20, 2011, 1:50:51 PM4/20/11
to project...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the confusion here...

The new version of Sprouts decoupled 'tool' entities from RubyGems, so that a single gem can register an arbitrary number of tools. The flashsdk gem registers a flex3 and flex4 'tool'.

So the FLEX4 or SPROUT_FLEX4 env variables should work with the flashsdk gem.

Thanks,

Luke

whitered

Apr 21, 2011, 6:57:26 AM4/21/11
to project...@googlegroups.com
I've found the problem. My paths were specified in windows style (d:\sdks\flex_sdk_4.5.0.17855), but msysgit console requires unix paths (/d/sdks/flex...).
Thanks for help

Luke Bayes

Apr 21, 2011, 3:48:21 PM4/21/11
to project...@googlegroups.com