Announcing the poll results and Project Bossanova's new contest

Benjamin Humphrey

Mar 13, 2011, 11:59:44 PM3/13/11
to Project Bossanova Mailing List
Hello everyone!

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Project Bossanova has indeed reached another important milestone.

The voting period for Project Bossanova's You Decide has come to a close, and with just over 2,000 votes, the clear winner is RPG, with 43% of you of the opinion that RPG should be the genre we pursue. FPS came second with 27%, and MMO and "Other" brought up the rear with 16% and 14% respectively.

Project Bossanova was established to launch the first ever 3D game exclusively for Linux. Today we are proud to announce a new competition aimed at finding that game. After two weeks, we will select three of the top submissions and allow YOU to vote on which one you'd like to see us sponsor.

Given that the competition is geared toward small, independent game developers, we have teamed up with Desura (http://desura.com), the company behind both ModDB (http://moddb.com) and IndieDB (http://indiedb.com), to help spread the word.

So, if you're an indie developer, or know of any indie developers who have an exciting game under development and would like to be selected for Project Bossanova's sponsorship, head on over to http://projectbossanova.com/contest and fill in the form to enter your game.

For everyone else, you'll be able to vote for your favourite entry from March 28.

Take care!

Benjamin Humphrey

Project Bossanova Team Lead