Lombok v0.8.4 released!

Reinier Zwitserloot

Sep 1, 2009, 7:39:08 PM9/1/09
to Project Lombok
Another release with mostly bugfixes.

From the changelog:

### v0.8.4

* Fixed many issues with `@SneakyThrows` - in previous versions, using
it would sometimes confuse the syntax colouring, and various
constructs in the annotated method would cause outright eclipse
errors, such as beginning the method with a try block. This also fixes
Issue #30

* Fixed the David Lynch bug - in eclipse, classes with lombok features
used in them would sometimes appear invisible from other source files.
It's described in more detail on Issue #41. If you suffered from it,
you'll know what this is about.

* Fixed the problem where eclipse's help system did not start up on
lombokized eclipses. Issue #26

* All generated methods now make their parameters (if they have any)
final. This should help avoid problems with the 'make all parameters
final' save action in eclipse. Issue #40

* Okay, this time _really_ added support for @NonNull and @NotNull
annotations. It was reported for v0.8.3 but it wasn't actually in that
release. @Nullable annotations are now also copied over to the
getter's return type and the setter and constructor's parameters (but,
obviously, no check is added). Any @NonNull annotated non-final fields
that are not initialized are now also added to the generated
constructor by @Data in order to ensure via an explicit null check
that they contain a legal value.

* @ToString (and hence, @Data) now default to includeFieldNames=true.
Issue #35

download from: http://projectlombok.org/download.html

the maven repository has also been updated.

Ray Vanderborght

Sep 1, 2009, 8:19:29 PM9/1/09
to project...@googlegroups.com
This release causes our project to fail to compile.  We're using hibernate validator, which allows it's @org.hibernate.validator.NotNull to apply to fields as well as methods.  Sample error below. Should I file a bug?

    [javac] /Users/rayvanderborght/projects/MyProject/foo/Bar.java:61: annotation type not applicable to this kind of declaration

    [javac] @NotNull @Length(min=1)

Reinier Zwitserloot

Sep 1, 2009, 9:16:14 PM9/1/09
to Project Lombok
Well, crap. Roel designed this feature; it copies any @NotNull/
@NonNull annotation to both the setter parameter and the getter
method, but the @NotNull annotation of hibernate is only legal on
fields and methods. I'd consider this a bug of hibernate more than
lombok, but nevertheless, that's pretty showstopper.

Until lombok gains type introspection and we can check if the place
we're copying the annotations to is a legal use of that annotation, I
guess we should not copy that annotation at all.

Can you file an issue linking to this thread and mentioning that we
need to remove the copying of nullity annotations to parameters and
getter methods? Thanks!

On Sep 2, 2:19 am, Ray Vanderborght <voids...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This release causes our project to fail to compile.  We're using hibernate
> validator, which allows it's @org.hibernate.validator.NotNull to apply to
> fields as well as methods.  Sample error below. Should I file a bug?
>
>     [javac] /Users/rayvanderborght/projects/MyProject/foo/Bar.java:61:
> annotation type not applicable to this kind of declaration
>
>     [javac] @NotNull @Length(min=1)

Ray Vanderborght

Sep 1, 2009, 9:38:54 PM9/1/09
to project...@googlegroups.com