Markdown in Nu

Grayson Hansard

Oct 10, 2007, 11:55:46 AM10/10/07
to program...@googlegroups.com
I finally got around to finishing my implementation of Markdown in
Nu. It takes a few shortcuts and doesn't produce identical output (I
shorted on a few newlines), but the markup should be the same as
Markdown v1.0.1. When viewed in a browser, it should be the same.
You can get it at:

<http://www.fromconcentratesoftware.com/download.php?nudown.zip>

Sincerely,
Grayson Hansard
in...@fromconcentratesoftware.com

Tim Burks

Oct 10, 2007, 12:44:58 PM10/10/07
to program...@googlegroups.com
Grayson,

I just ran your example and skimmed through your code. It's amazing
and very impressive. Thanks for sharing it!

Would you allow me to include this in the Nu distribution (in Nu/nu)?
If we did, then we could also add some tests in Nu/test to ensure that
future changes to Nu don't break this incredibly useful utility.

Tim

Tim

Oct 10, 2007, 5:44:07 PM10/10/07
to Programming Nu
With a tiny modification, Grayson's code is easy to call from
Objective-C.

Details are here: http://programming.nu/posts/2007/10/10/markdown-in-nu

- Tim

On Oct 10, 9:44 am, "Tim Burks" <timbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grayson,
>
> I just ran your example and skimmed through your code. It's amazing
> and very impressive. Thanks for sharing it!
>
> Would you allow me to include this in the Nu distribution (in Nu/nu)?
> If we did, then we could also add some tests in Nu/test to ensure that
> future changes to Nu don't break this incredibly useful utility.
>
> Tim
>

> On 10/10/07, Grayson Hansard <ghans...@dstvi.com> wrote:
>

> > I finally got around to finishing my implementation of Markdown in
> > Nu. It takes a few shortcuts and doesn't produce identical output (I
> > shorted on a few newlines), but the markup should be the same as
> > Markdown v1.0.1. When viewed in a browser, it should be the same.
> > You can get it at:
>
> > <http://www.fromconcentratesoftware.com/download.php?nudown.zip>
>
> > Sincerely,
> > Grayson Hansard

> > i...@fromconcentratesoftware.com

Grayson Hansard

Oct 10, 2007, 6:19:38 PM10/10/07
to program...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tim,

I'm working on adding a testing suite to Markdown. I'd love to see
it in the in the distro but I just noticed a problem that made it
useless if it were loaded (I just sent a related email).