London anyone?

1 view

diddydawson

Feb 18, 2009, 4:24:49 AM2/18/09
to PresentationCamp
Anyone from the UK thinking about a workshop in London at all?

Rashmi Sinha

Feb 18, 2009, 2:09:38 PM2/18/09
to presenta...@googlegroups.com
I know at least one other person in London who was interested in
Presentation Camp (Saul Klein). Let me ping him...

Pauline Randall

Feb 18, 2009, 4:42:15 PM2/18/09
to PresentationCamp
I live near Edinburgh but visit London fairly often so would be
interested depending on dates :-)

Stowe Boyd

Feb 18, 2009, 5:17:39 PM2/18/09
to presenta...@googlegroups.com
I am in UL in May speaking at 3 conferences -- Futuresonic, Somesso, and Future of Media -- all the week of 11 May. If it's that week or the weekend before or after, I could participate.

/Stowe
--
Stowe Boyd

geoloco: San Francisco

www.stoweboyd.com/message
www.stoweboyd.com/ground
www.stoweboyd.com/mind
ambivalence.tumblr.com

stowe...@gmail.com
twitter: stoweboyd
cell: 703 966 9854

The /Messengers
156 South Park, San Francisco CA 94107

mrlegs

Feb 18, 2009, 11:19:45 PM2/18/09
to PresentationCamp
I would be up for London if the dates matched up.

On Feb 18, 9:42 pm, Pauline Randall <PaulineERand...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> I live near Edinburgh but visitLondonfairly often so would be

andre...@standardlife.com

Feb 19, 2009, 3:25:21 AM2/19/09
to PresentationCamp
I'm another person near Edinburgh, but would be keen to participate if
this goes ahead

Thibaut Rouffineau

Feb 20, 2009, 4:25:17 AM2/20/09
to PresentationCamp
Sounds good to me!

eazys...@googlemail.com

Feb 20, 2009, 6:50:03 AM2/20/09
to PresentationCamp
I am London based. I would be interested in an event some time in the
next few months.

drewb...@googlemail.com

Feb 20, 2009, 9:14:35 AM2/20/09
to PresentationCamp
I would love to be involved with a presentation camp in London. I
teach at a private school on the outskirts of London (easily
accessible) and if all else failed I am sure my school could be used
as a venue for the event.

pkaren62

Feb 22, 2009, 6:30:20 AM2/22/09
to PresentationCamp
I would be interested as well.

G in London

Feb 23, 2009, 3:15:49 AM2/23/09
to PresentationCamp
I would be interested in attending a Presentation Camp in London and I
am sure I could
interst some others from work.

Bob Harding

Feb 23, 2009, 4:17:38 AM2/23/09
to PresentationCamp
A presentation Camp in the London area would be excellent. What do we
need to do to make this happen? Do we need to get a group together,
set some dates and organise a venue?

john v willshire

Feb 23, 2009, 7:57:28 AM2/23/09
to PresentationCamp
hey tehre, I'd be interested in helping out with the London group too
- john.wi...@phdnetwork.com is the best email for me.

mrlegs

Feb 23, 2009, 1:58:20 PM2/23/09
to PresentationCamp
Okay, I'm happy to start the ball rolling:

East West South or North London?

Weekday or Weekend (Which is best, and specific date).

Hotel or function room (weirdly, hotel may work out cheaper if at the
weekend).

April, May or June?

Any agenda/ suggestions for topics? Perhaps we should start a London
Presentation Wiki?

You can reply here or using my email, which is mr.lo...@gmail.com.

I'm relatively easy, but would prefer weekends.

Stephen

Bob Harding

Feb 24, 2009, 1:26:38 PM2/24/09
to PresentationCamp
Hi Stephen

I'd go for West London. Hotel or room is fine with me.The later the
better (the more likely I'd have space in the diary).

Can we ask for evaluations from other camps (what were the strengths
and weaknesses). Ideas for Agendas from there as well?

Are Google supporting this in any way - maybe sponsoring or
recommending speakers?

Bob

Stuart Reid

Feb 24, 2009, 3:33:29 PM2/24/09
to PresentationCamp
Central or West London (pref not North)

Weekday for me, in May or June

Don't have a preference for hotel or function room - cost and pleasant-
ness of surroundings would count for me.

Stuart Reid

Feb 24, 2009, 3:33:29 PM2/24/09
to PresentationCamp

mrlegs

Feb 25, 2009, 5:25:58 PM2/25/09
to PresentationCamp
So, West London, in late May, during the week?

Ideas of agenda/numbers/themes?

Does anyone have any good blog contacts that might lead a session, or
could we consider a TED-style 10-15 minute input each, based around
our own areas of interest?

I am happy to contact the others on this list to see if they are keen
for this too.

Stephen

Bob Harding

Feb 26, 2009, 4:17:18 PM2/26/09
to PresentationCamp
If May then can we make it the last week? (school holidays). It
doesn't give us very long.

I like the idea of short and snappy sessions. Maybe we could invite
some software suppliers to come along and present?

Soulsailor

Feb 27, 2009, 5:21:05 AM2/27/09
to PresentationCamp
I'm based in the Midlands, but would happily travel down to London to
do a "PresentationCamp".

Ideally in the week, early evening suits me best.

Agenda:- Lets not end up with Vendor-Wars presentations... my
preference is for thought-leadership, strategy, insight etc..

Whats the ethos of PresentationCamp elsewhere??

If anyone prefers or wants to kick of in the Midlands, then let me
know and I may be able to sort a venue...?

Keep up the ideas and lets make it happen!

Ant Clay
Deputy Head of Strategic Consultancy Group | Trinity Expert Systems
Ltd

www.twitter.com/soulsailor
www.AntClay.com

On Feb 26, 9:17 pm, Bob Harding <bobhard...@ictcentre.wiltslea.org.uk>

Rashmi

Feb 27, 2009, 10:54:35 AM2/27/09
to PresentationCamp
Sounds like the London one is coming along!

I had put together some thoughts on what can go into a
PresentationCamp (at least this is how we are thinking about the San
Francisco one).

1. Peer feedback sessions (one person presents, others give feedback)
2. Presentation workshops (someone does a small workshop on an aspect
of presentations)
3. Presentations around particular topics: Investor pitches, sales
presentations, Non profit presentations
4. Slide games: PowerPoint Karoake, Ignite, Pecha Kucha
5. Presentations for different delivery modes (face-to-face, moderator-
advanced via web, unattended, other)

More here
http://groups.google.com/group/presentationcamp/web/what-goes-into-a-presentation-camp

Rashmi

Sunnyclimes

Mar 7, 2009, 3:40:58 AM3/7/09
to PresentationCamp
I am up for a presentation camp in London - Central London would be
best for me

Regards,
Steve

On Feb 27, 3:54 pm, Rashmi <rash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like the London one is coming along!
>
> I had put together some thoughts on what can go into a
> PresentationCamp (at least this is how we are thinking about the San
> Francisco one).
>
> 1. Peer feedback sessions (one person presents, others give feedback)
> 2. Presentation workshops (someone does a small workshop on an aspect
> of presentations)
> 3. Presentations around particular topics: Investor pitches, sales
> presentations, Non profit presentations
> 4. Slide games: PowerPoint Karoake, Ignite, Pecha Kucha
> 5. Presentations for different delivery modes (face-to-face, moderator-
> advanced via web, unattended, other)
>
> More herehttp://groups.google.com/group/presentationcamp/web/what-goes-into-a-...
>
> Rashmi
>
> On Feb 27, 2:21 am, Soulsailor <soulsai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm based in the Midlands, but would happily travel down to London to
> > do a "PresentationCamp".
>
> > Ideally in the week, early evening suits me best.
>
> > Agenda:- Lets not end up with Vendor-Wars presentations... my
> > preference is for thought-leadership, strategy, insight etc..
>
> > Whats the ethos of PresentationCamp elsewhere??
>
> > If anyone prefers or wants to kick of in the Midlands, then let me
> > know and I may be able to sort a venue...?
>
> > Keep up the ideas and lets make it happen!
>
> > Ant Clay
> > Deputy Head of Strategic Consultancy Group | Trinity Expert Systems
> > Ltd
>
> >www.twitter.com/soulsailorwww.AntClay.com
>
> > On Feb 26, 9:17 pm, Bob Harding <bobhard...@ictcentre.wiltslea.org.uk>
> > wrote:
>
> > > If May then can we make it the last week?  (school holidays).  It
> > > doesn't give us very long.
>
> > > I like the idea of short and snappy sessions.  Maybe we could invite
> > > some software suppliers to come along and present?- Hide quoted text -

Terry Russell

Mar 7, 2009, 8:36:30 AM3/7/09
to PresentationCamp
yes, i think this is a great idea too!

would love to come along & get involved

terry
Message has been deleted

mrlegs

Mar 21, 2009, 3:16:31 PM3/21/09
to PresentationCamp
Dear Londonites,

I am pinning us down to Friday, 29th May, 2009, and post probably in
Ealing, which may sound quite west, but is fairly easy to navigate
to.

I am also in negotiations with two companies who may be prepared to
sponsor us, otherwise it will cost £40 each for the venue and hot
buffet lunch (excluding wireless, but I'm working on it!).

One of the potential sponsors is wanting to know the makeup of the
attendees, so if we could spread the word (twitter, forum, mailouts
etc), and possibly come back on this message page ,or email me on
mr.lo...@gmail.com with your name and profession/industry, we are
more likely to get the sponsorship. I think we're looking at about 20
people so far, but the more the merrier!

If you think your company would sponsor us in any way, I would of
course also be grateful.

I have had one or two people put themselves forward to speak/present.
IMHO, the more the merrier - the whole 'unconference' idea of 7-10
minutes each would be great, but at the moment we're looking at half
an hour.

Also, has anyone got the Wii Remote projector system working yet? I
think this would get a great response from all, and i am personally
fascinated, but would love to see it in action. If no-one comes
forward, looks like that's my Easter project...

All comments, support, interest greatly appreciated!

Stephen Lockyer

drewb...@googlemail.com

Mar 23, 2009, 8:55:42 AM3/23/09
to PresentationCamp
I am still happy to offer my school as a venue for this event if you
wish - could accommodate up to 30 people for say about £20 each (or
less). With use of computers and whiteboards and refreshments :-)
Our schools on 1/2 term break that week so we could be accommodated
with ease.

I have a semi-functional version of the WiiMote board working - with
some glitches.

I am a schoolteacher and am happy to present at the even - is there
any indication as to what 'themes' people might want to talk about or
hear?

Drew

Bob Harding

Mar 23, 2009, 9:19:07 AM3/23/09
to PresentationCamp

Drew,

Thanks for the offer, this certainly sounds great to me. I have
contacts with a couple of people who could do something but they would
also be from a 'schools' background and I have every confidence in
Drew's ability to do this.

If we're to do something for (say) May half term (25 - 29th May) then
can I suggest that we need to start firming it up.
Decide the date, venue.
Approach some speakers and draw up a program
Work out final costs
Advertise

Is it time for a few people to get together and sort this out?

Bob

Nicoline

Mar 30, 2009, 11:31:39 AM3/30/09
to PresentationCamp
This sounds really interesting, I am considering joining from
Copenhagen, so please keep me posted ;-)

I like Rashmi's list of possible sessions - they all sound great.

Also, would it be interesting to have a session on audience
participation?
I'm currently wrapping up a phd on conferences and learning at the
Danish School of Education and I have experimented with participation
in various ways - I would be happy to share some of my findings with
you as well as facilitate a discussion on this to learn more from your
experiences and thoughts on this subject.

Nicoline

CTodd Lombardo

Mar 30, 2009, 11:51:11 AM3/30/09
to Nicoline, PresentationCamp
Hi All,

I will be hosting PresentationCamp Madrid. I am an MBA student at IE Business school. I should be able to get use of the school's facilities for the event. If anyone is interested in assisting please email me: ctoddl...@gmail.com

Thank you.
Todd