Fwd: Prayer - Barack Obama

Marian Bacon

Jun 16, 2008, 4:05:36 PM6/16/08
to Jlg...@aol.com, Crystal Merchant, Churchfolks, Mike & Beth Blanchfield
Please keep this going.

Peace & Blessings,

Marian Bacon

Having someplace to go is Home. Having someone to love is Family. Having both is a Blessing!

TAKE TIME TO GET READY FOR A RIDE IN HISTORY, WE NEED TO PRAY FOR OBAMA AND HIS PROTECTION, AND THE BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY.

Dear God, I pray for optimum health, wisdom
and prosperity for Barack Obama and that Barack Obama is elected and protected as  the President of the United States of America!  In Jesus name, Amen.

[]
Untitled 19

Please Keep This Candle Going!

Because He's Black

This older white guy asked his older black friend, 'Are you voting for Barack Obama just because he's black'?
So the older black guy fires back and says, 'Are you not voting for him because he's black?

Why can't I vote for him just cause he's black?

Hell in this country men are pulled over everyday just cause their black, passed over for promotions just cause their black, considered to be criminals just cause their black, but you don't seem to have a problem with that This country was built with the sweat and whip off the slaves back, and now a descendent of those same slaves has a chance to lead the same country where we weren't even considered to be people, Where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same water fountains, eat in the same restaurants, or even vote, so you damn right I'm going to vote for him!
Not just because he's black,
But because he is hope, he is change, and he now allows me to understand when my grandson says he wants to be president when he grows up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal, Because he sees, understand, and knows, he can achieve, withstand, and do anything just because he's black!

image002.gif
image001.jpg

Tom Walsh

Jun 16, 2008, 4:14:54 PM6/16/08
to Marian Bacon, Jlg...@aol.com, Crystal Merchant, Churchfolks, Mike & Beth Blanchfield
IMPORTANT TO ALL RECIPIENTS:  Prescott Church cannot and does not endorse any candidate for office.  All email recipients, please keep this in mind, and please do not forward any emails in the name of the church that suggest otherwise.  You may email your individual friends whatever partisan messages you like, but it is improper as well as unlawful for the church to promote any sort of partisan interest, whether for a candidate or a party.  We may and should address public issues but not partisan interests.

It is certainly proper that we pray for the safety and security of all candidates and office holders.

Tom Walsh