announcing Predictalot! (and we mean alot)

David Pennock

Mar 5, 2010, 4:49:09 PM3/5/10
to prediction-market...@googlegroups.com
I’m thrilled to announce the launch of Predictalot, a prediction game
like you've never seen:

http://y.ahoo.it/predictalot

Predict almost anything you can think of about the NCAA Men’s Basketball
playoffs, like "Duke will advance further than UNC", "Every final four
team name will start with U", or any of literally hundreds of millions
more propositions. Check the odds and invest points on your favorites.
Sell your predictions anytime, even as you follow the basketball games
live.

Predictalot is a true combinatorial prediction market. Learn more:
http://research.yahoo.com/project/3128

David Pennock

Mar 16, 2010, 11:32:00 AM3/16/10
to prediction-market...@googlegroups.com
Forgive the marketing... LMK if I breach the rules.

Why should you try Predictalot?
  • Gamers: Make almost any prediction you can think of about March Madness, the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
  • Sports fans: Check the crowd’s odds: Is St. Mary’s the next Cinderella?
  • Geeks: Ponder some of the interesting computer science challenges, including approximating #P-hard problems and an eerily similar sampling problem as faced by physicists.
  • Barack Obama might do it, according to VentureBeat on NYTimes.com: “President Barack Obama will likely be busy this week [but]… maybe he’ll be able to sneak a peek at Predictalot on his BlackBerry between meetings.”