Template Handler-Problem rails 2.2.2 and prawn 0.2.3

Michael Kastner

Nov 30, 2008, 6:42:03 AM11/30/08
to Prawn
I know, this problem has already been addressed here:

http://groups.google.com/group/prawn-ruby/browse_thread/thread/d521f00ac33014f9?hl=de

My app and prawn work flawless under rails 2.1.2. However, I need to
make use of the new I18n-framework under rails 2.2.2. But there I get
the abovementioned error:

NoMethodError in AnalysesController#show
undefined method `compile' for #<Prawnto::TemplateHandler::Base:
0x18ef6d8>

Does anybody know a workaround?

Greetings

Michael Kastner

thorny_sun

Nov 30, 2008, 9:47:40 AM11/30/08
to Prawn
I will be putting out a fix in the next few days.

The thread you mention though has a gist patch if you can't wait.

User submitted patches are more than welcome.

-thorny_sun

On Nov 30, 6:42 am, Michael Kastner <kast...@galt.de> wrote:
> I know, this problem has already been addressed here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/prawn-ruby/browse_thread/thread/d521f0...

Josh Coffman

Nov 30, 2008, 7:04:19 PM11/30/08
to prawn...@googlegroups.com
Will there be a release with it soon after?

-j

http://twitter.com/joshcoffman

thorny_sun

Nov 30, 2008, 7:09:13 PM11/30/08
to Prawn
the fix will be a release

On Nov 30, 7:04 pm, "Josh Coffman" <joshcoff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will there be a release with it soon after?
>
> -j
>
> http://twitter.com/joshcoffman

Josh Coffman

Dec 12, 2008, 5:34:14 PM12/12/08
to prawn...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this fix?  I have seen any update to the plugin from gem update, and still get the template compile error.

thanks,
-j

Gregory Brown

Dec 12, 2008, 5:45:16 PM12/12/08
to prawn...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Josh Coffman <joshc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any news on this fix? I have seen any update to the plugin from gem update,
> and still get the template compile error.

There has not yet been a release. It will be announced on this list.

thorny_sun, you might wait until after the 15th, as Prawn 0.3 will be
released then.

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com
Non-tech stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com

thorny_sun

Dec 12, 2008, 6:22:51 PM12/12/08
to Prawn
The compile issue is unrelated to prawn, and I am working on the
prawnto fix (slowly but surely)-- if you need a crude fix right now
you can always apply the fix that was posted previously in this group.

Hopefully I will have the official release right after Gregory's 0.3
release.

-thorny_sun