My own review of this book...

fge

May 26, 2012, 12:36:00 PM5/26/12
to practicalunittesting
Hello,

In a word: a _must_.

I've first read about this book on the TestNG users group, and decided
on buying it since my own and only project requires a lot of testing.

After having read the first three chapters of it, I knew I have been
doing things wrong since the beginning. I was feeling uncomfortable
about my tests already, but I didn't know why... Until I started
reading this book.

Not only does it encompass a lot of good, general advice on unit
testing in general (and not relevant only to Java), but it also brings
one very quickly in working order with its two proponent tools. In two
hours of reading, I knew more of the usage of TestNG and Mockito than
after several days of Web crawling.

I cannot recommend this book enough. Thank you for writing it!

Have fun,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgal...@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'

Tomek Kaczanowski

May 26, 2012, 4:24:34 PM5/26/12
to practicalu...@googlegroups.com
Francis,

I'm really happy to learn that you find my book so useful! This is
something I have hoped for when struggling to finish the book. I'm so
happy now!

Good luck with testing! :)

--
Regards / Pozdrawiam
Tomek Kaczanowski

Francis Galiegue

May 27, 2012, 5:27:45 AM5/27/12
to practicalu...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Tomek Kaczanowski
<kaczanow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Francis,
>
> I'm really happy to learn that you find my book so useful! This is
> something I have hoped for when struggling to finish the book. I'm so
> happy now!

You're welcome ! _You_ have made me a happier developer, that is for sure ;)

> Good luck with testing! :)

Thanks! I still have a lot to learn... As the book says, practice helps!