Problem with PowerSDR starting

Bill Stewart

Feb 3, 2011, 7:02:39 PM2/3/11
to PowerSDR / IF Stage
I have been running PowerSDR (with LP Bridge and a K3) with good success
for about a month. Last night, I tried to run Rocky to test a Softrock
that I have, and I had a lot of problems that prompted me to reinstall
the drivers for the M Audio Delta 44 sound card that I use. Now, though
I can use the Delta 44 at full bandwidth using Winrad as a receiver
program, I cannot get PowerSDR to start. I get an error message soon
after it tries to start, but no details to work with. I have reloaded
PowerSDR from the net a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill, K5EMI

Larry Phipps

Feb 3, 2011, 9:08:37 PM2/3/11
to powersdr...@googlegroups.com
.

Do you have a backup of your Database.xml file? You have changed your sound card from what it was the last time PowerSDR was closed, so it's probably looking for something that's not there. You will need to delete the existing file and reinstall PowerSDR/IF so that it can create a new one (with default settings). The file is saved in one of your AppData folders for your username, based on whether you granted only yourself or All Users access when you originally installed PowerSDR/IF.

Larry N8LP

Marius Alexandru

Feb 3, 2011, 9:11:03 PM2/3/11
to powersdr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bill,

You'll need to erase the databases.

If you're running WinXP you'll find them in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\PowerSDR IF-Stage v .....
Erase the .xml files and restart PowerSDR-IF.

To be able to see the "Application Data" folder you'll have to enable "show hidden files and folders" under IE tools.

Hope it helped,
73
Marius YO4HGX

Scott M

Feb 3, 2011, 9:46:54 PM2/3/11
to PowerSDR / IF Stage
Also note a couple weeks ago, somebody reported an issue where their
Delta 44 wasn't working (they gave more details about a missing dll).
Flex reports newer M-Audio delta 44 drivers are not working and that
you must use an older M-Audio version. See previous thread for more
detail if other suggestions don't work. -Scott, WU2X

Bill Stewart

Feb 3, 2011, 11:18:04 PM2/3/11
to powersdr...@googlegroups.com, yo4...@yahoo.com, mccle...@gmail.com
All,

I tried replacing the database files with the backed-up files, no luck. I have tried to completely remove PowerSDR from the computer and re-install with no luck. The stop comes with "Initializing Portaudio" in the window.

There is no older version of the M-Audio drivers for Windows 7. Is there another driver I can use? I do not recall what drivers I had originally.

Is it possible to wipe all the vestiges of PowerSRR from the computer and start over?

Thanks for your help,

Bill K5EMI

Scott M

Feb 4, 2011, 1:02:13 AM2/4/11
to PowerSDR / IF Stage
Its not a PowerSDR isssue, its seems like a soundcard issue. That is a
symtom of a soundcard issue. Load up a stock version of power (2.0.16)
and see if that works to make sure (i think that *wont* work either).
If it doesn't you will have to focus on the soundcard. - Scott