making posterous a great tool

narendra sisodiya

Jan 2, 2010, 1:32:01 PM1/2/10
to poster...@googlegroups.com
I use posterous for making my tutorial,

for example - http://lug-iitd.posterous.com/how-to-set-cc-by-sa-license-on-all-of-your-fl-0
I have two approach to compose such tutorial,

=== A ===
 write full tutorial in mail, attach all the pics, send to posterous. this will autopost to twitter and pics to flickr

disadvantage - this will make an easy way but all my pics will go into slideshow

=== B ===
compose empty mail, attach all pics and post mail to posterous, auto post to flickr ,, delete post form posterous
compose full tutorial, go to flickr and copy image urls and paste inside tutorial and now
post to posterous . This way the final post will contain images inside tutorial (and not slideshow)rid

disadvantage - this is time consuming

== C ==
can you design a third approach using which I can compose tutorial in easy way
like

<mail>
[NO-SLIDESHOW]
This is tutorial on installation on Software
See image below
[Image1]
Now click OK and you will find a new configuration panel, see image below
[Image2]
;;;;;;
</mail>

Attach all image inside mail.

--
┌─────────────────────────┐
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )

Greg Tracy

Jan 2, 2010, 1:55:15 PM1/2/10
to poster...@googlegroups.com

I don't know of a way to do this with email attachments. However, you
can use an HTML-based email client to construct the email where the
pictures are inserted ("inline") into the email body.

Posterous blogged on using gmail to do this...

http://blog.posterous.com/gmail-supports-inline-images-place-images-any

Greg

narendra sisodiya

Jan 2, 2010, 2:14:21 PM1/2/10
to poster...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a Lot,

a4agarwal

Jan 4, 2010, 3:24:11 AM1/4/10
to Posterous development
If there is text between the images, we won't construct a gallery.

You can also put ((nogallery)) in the subject of the email