Can't access person data?

Nick

Jul 21, 2009, 5:13:11 PM7/21/09
to PortableContacts
Hi,

I'm trying to get at my contacts through the api. I can properly
authenticate and access the API through:

http://www-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/api/people/@me/@all

However, if I attempt to access:

http://www-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/api/people/@me/@all/<user
id> the following error is given back:

'<HTML>\n<HEAD>\n<TITLE>The currently logged in user and/or the gadget
requesting data, does not have access to person data.</TITLE>\n</HEAD>
\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">\n<H1>The currently logged in
user and/or the gadget requesting data, does not have access to person
data.</H1>\n<H2>Error 401</H2>\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n'

I'm not exactly sure what to make out of that. I don't see any way for
me to ask for additional permissions from the user during the OAuth
process. Am I missing something here? Is it not possible to drill down
into the person data for a particular contact?

Thanks!

Nick

sachin

Jul 30, 2009, 2:00:34 AM7/30/09
to PortableContacts
I'm actually running into the same issue, so any help would be
appreciated.

It's strange that getting all contacts works fine (since I'm even
getting them with fields set to all), but getting an individual user
does not work. It doesn't appear that additional information would be
exposed on the individual user call compared to the all contacts call.

So I am stumped as to why we would be getting this message.

Sachin

Lane LiaBraaten

Jul 30, 2009, 5:23:01 PM7/30/09
to portable...@googlegroups.com
I think the error message is a red herring.  I'll look into this and get back to you.

-Lane