Re: Digest for polymath-project@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Evan Donahue

Jul 25, 2018, 11:30:29 PM7/25/18
to polymath...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded another new image and it works in that one. I can now clone the repo and manually load the packages. However, the automatic loading methods on the github readme still don't work. Are they supposed to? It's a fresh 6.1 image.

Thanks,
Evan

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 5:11 AM, <polymath...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Evan Donahue <emdo...@gmail.com>: Jul 24 10:02PM -0400

Hi,

How can I install Polymath from github? In a new 6.1 image, the two
installation methods on the github readme fail with "Cannot resolve
BaselineOfPolyMath" and manually cloning the repository (with code
directory src) seems to leave the list of packages empty, so I am not sure
how to actually get the code into my image after I add the repo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Evan
"Hernán Morales Durand" <hernan....@gmail.com>: Jul 25 01:28AM -0300

Hi Evan,

Are you sure you are on a clean image (without cached pharo-local/ files)?
I just PRed one hour ago using Pharo 6.1 and everything just worked.
Cheers,

Hernán

Serge Stinckwich <serge.st...@gmail.com>: Jul 25 09:56AM +0100

What method do you use ? I have no problem to load the master or dev branch
of PolyMath.

If you manually clone the reposity. You have to load the packages after.
Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)

Serge Stinckwich

Jul 26, 2018, 4:13:28 AM7/26/18
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 4:30 AM Evan Donahue <emdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded another new image and it works in that one. I can now clone the repo and manually load the packages. However, the automatic loading methods on the github readme still don't work. Are they supposed to? It's a fresh 6.1 image.

​Yes the Metacello script is working for me on macos and Pharo 6.1 32 bits or 64 bits.
Do you have an error message ?

werner kassens

Jul 27, 2018, 4:01:51 AM7/27/18
to polymath...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan,
on linux i opened :
Pharo 6.0 (64bit)
Latest update: #60541
did :
Metacello new
        githubUser: 'PolyMathOrg' project: 'PolyMath' commitish: 'master' path: 'src';
        baseline: 'PolyMath';
        load.
: and it did load.
which update do you use (worldmenu>System>about)?