Attendee totals for 2010

Angelo Mandato

Jun 22, 2010, 6:02:47 PM6/22/10
to PodCamp Ohio
All,

I totaled up the registration sheets, we had a total of 154 confirmed attendees. We most likely had about 160-170 factoring in folks who didn't sign in.

Here are some statistics:
  • 144 registered guests specified which event they attended (PodCamp/WordCamp)
  • 103 specified WordCamp
  • 105 specified PodCamp
  • 64 selected both PodCamp and WordCamp
  • 10 did not select an event at registration

I suspect the anti-"combined event" publicity from the Automattic (WordPress.com) folks scared off many of the hardcore WordPress attendees including the popular WordPress developer Scott Reilly who resides here in town. I also I don't recall seeing any of the folks who attend the monthly NEO WordPress meetup at the event. From this, I gather that hard core WordPress folks are less willing to go to a combined event. Based on the numbers above, it may be worth doing a 3rd WordCamp next year, it will just have to be hosted separate from other events.

PodCamp Ohio attendance history:
  • 2008: 169
  • 2009: 201
  • 2010: 115 (+39 WordCamp only attendees)

As for PodCamp in Columbus, it may be time to put on the brakes for next year and try to encourage the already in planning PodCamps in Cleveland and Cincinnati.

--
PodCamp Ohio
Twitter: www.twitter.com/podcampohio