PodCamp Ohio 2 Planning

1 view

Angelo Mandato

Nov 19, 2008, 12:36:11 PM11/19/08
to PodCamp Ohio
To keep everyone updated, last week I got a chance to take a look at the facilities at Ohio State. I took a lot of pictures of the building and got a general idea of the facilities. This location is going to be perfect for PodCamp Ohio 2. I've been very busy with other stuff here, if you haven't herd Heather and I are expecting a baby this January so I apologize for not getting the details out sooner.

Here are some details:

  • Location: Mendenhall Lab, Ohio State University
  • 1 Lecture hall that seats 180
  • 5 classrooms that seat 40-50
  • May be able to obtain additional classrooms if necessary
  • Everything is located on the 1st floor
  • Parking is very close, Ohio Union parking garage

If there is enough interest, we could also have the space that Friday as well. This would allow us to have a 1/2 day PodCamp on Friday, say from noon till 5pm and continue with our full day on Saturday. This will mean a lot more work for us as organizers. Merry, would you like to create a simple survey for us to email to all of last year's attendees to see if they would be interested in a 2 day PodCamp or just a 1 day?

I would like to start scheduling monthly meetups for PodCamp Ohio 2. Does anyone have any preferences for these? I would like to have some of the meetups to be in the Cincinnati and Cleveland areas. Should we also think about a meetup in the Dayton area or anywhere else?

Thanks,
Angelo--
PodCamp Ohio 2
June 20, 2009
Twitter: podcampohio
Web: www.podcampohio.com

Luke Armour

Nov 19, 2008, 12:50:37 PM11/19/08
to podca...@googlegroups.com
As an official part of PCOhio, I would suggest doing something Sunday morning rather than Friday night. The first Podcamp Toronto was Sat-Sun and that went well. Over early enough on Sun to get people home.
If we don't like Sun morn, i would suggest keeping it to one day and let Friday be "come into town and have an informal meetup" day.
Saves the organizers the hassle of getting ready early and keeps people from thinking their missing something if they can't come in Friday at noon.
My $.02
-Luke

Mary Wehrle

Nov 19, 2008, 12:55:41 PM11/19/08
to podca...@googlegroups.com
Angelo,

I'll be happy to do the survey and I think the meetups is a great idea. Let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help with from home office central.

Mary Wehrle

Out beyond the ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field, I will meet you there. ~ Rumi

Visit my Blogs:

From This Side of the Reflecting Pond

The Girl In The Z

Contributing Author: Central Ohio Network

You can also find me on Linked In

antiheroine

Nov 20, 2008, 6:51:08 AM11/20/08
to PodCamp Ohio
I'm up for meetings, although I'll probably have to limit myself to
the ones in Columbus. No particular preferences beyond that. Angelo, I
can only imagine how busy you and Heather are right now getting ready
for the baby, so please let me know if there's anything I can do to
help with planning around town.

Jen

On Nov 19, 12:36 pm, "Angelo Mandato" <ang...@podcampohio.com> wrote:
> To keep everyone updated, last week I got a chance to take a look at the
> facilities at Ohio State. I took a lot of pictures of the building and got a
> general idea of the facilities. This location is going to be perfect for
> PodCamp Ohio 2. I've been very busy with other stuff here, if you haven't
> herd Heather and I are expecting a baby this January so I apologize for not
> getting the details out sooner.
>
> Here are some details:
>
>    - Location: Mendenhall Lab, Ohio State University
>    - 1 Lecture hall that seats 180
>    - 5 classrooms that seat 40-50
>    - May be able to obtain additional classrooms if necessary
>    - Everything is located on the 1st floor
>    - Parking is very close, Ohio Union parking garage

Angelo Mandato

Nov 20, 2008, 12:34:59 PM11/20/08
to podca...@googlegroups.com
I agree on a Saturday + 1/2 Sunday rather than Friday/Saturday, but finding a venue that can provide space on a Sunday will be hard. Perhaps though we could have Sunday at another smaller location since traffic on Sunday will be about 1/3 of that on Saturday. This is what I observed at PodCamp Pittsburgh.

--angelo

Angelo Mandato

Nov 20, 2008, 12:38:00 PM11/20/08
to podca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jen and everyone! This particular week has been pretty busy with baby stuff. After Thanksgiving, the family visits and baby showers will be over so hopefully we'll just be waiting for the baby to pop out! :-)