Elections comm report for PNB meeting

1 view

Bill Crosier

Feb 14, 2011, 10:48:57 PM2/14/11
to Christine Neira, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com, PNB
Hi, Christine,

Attached is the report for the PNB Elections Committee to cover what
we've been doing since the last in-person PNB meeting, and to brief
2011 PNB members on this and things we have not completed and hope
they will carry on.

I circulated a draft to all of the committee last week and
incorporated changes suggested by the committee.

Thanks for your help getting everything together for the Houston PNB meeting

Bill

--
Bill Crosier
kp...@crosierbiomed.com 713-641-4941

PNB Elections Comm report 110214.doc

Carolyn Birden

Feb 15, 2011, 9:05:53 AM2/15/11
to Bill Crosier, Christine Neira, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com, PNB
Bill, thank you for this report. If the
committee passed any motions during the year,
they should be included or attached separately, I
think. I was not on every call, so do not have
good notes, I'm afraid, but please send along any
motions for notification to, if not consideration
of, the PNB.

Thank you.

Carolyn

>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:PNB Elections
>Comm #18A186C.doc (WDBN/«IC») (018A186C)

Bill Crosier

Feb 15, 2011, 11:31:02 AM2/15/11
to Christine Neira, PNB, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com
Someone just caught an error in the Elections comm. report (it says Personnel committee in the first paragraph instead of Elections -- you can tell I was working on both reports at the same time!)

The corrected report is attached. The one to use is the one that has 110215 (2011, 2nd month, day 15) in the file name, not the one with 110214.

sorry for the trouble--

Bill

At 8:15 AM -0800 2/15/11, Christine Neira wrote:
>Thanks, Bill - I received both reports!
>
>Chris

PNB Elections Comm report 110215.doc

Bill Crosier

Feb 15, 2011, 11:41:20 AM2/15/11
to Carolyn Birden, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, Carolyn, but I probably won't have time to get all those together in time for the deadline (tomorrow) for those reports. Ken, as Elections committee secretary, can you help?

However, an even better solution, in the interest of transparency, would be for us to post all the minutes with the agendas on the kpftx calendar, so those not on the PNB can also have ready access to the minutes. Otis added that feature a while back - something I keep forgetting about, so that anyone can easily find minutes for any meeting. Most committee secretaries are not doing that, and may not even know about that feature.

Ken, if you have a login for the kpftx calendar, you can upload the minutes yourself, or if you'll send them to me I can do it.

Of course, all the minutes (I think) are also on our Google group at http://groups.google.com/group/pnb_elections but they may not be as easy to find there, mixed in among other messages.

sound OK?

Bill

Carolyn Birden

Feb 15, 2011, 12:31:45 PM2/15/11
to Bill Crosier, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com, summer reese
Sounds great, unless you're the secretary, of course. :-)

Some time ago Lonnie Hicks compiled a list of motions passed by the
PNB: he omitted a crucial one of the Elections Committee, and I think
the list stopped in 2007 or so, but it would be a good thing to ask
an executive secretary to do, just compile all the PNB motions in one
document. We need to refer them more and more, as our legal problems
expand.

Carolyn

Melinda Iley-Dohn

Feb 15, 2011, 2:00:44 PM2/15/11
to Bill Crosier, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com, Carolyn Birden, summer reese
Considering how Lonnie perfomed as CFO, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more
were left out. He kept his job based on political loyalties. I can still remember when he
joked at the 2007 Houston meeting at the Crown Plaza downtown, that he didn't know about all the bank accounts that had been set up by the take back movement and doubted that he ever would.

I got glared at when I said that I found it disgusting that we had a CFO who cared so little about knowing such critical information. I said it in public comment at the meeting and recently listened to it again. Pitiful. Too frequently in the past with Pacifica political allies have allowed too much to continue no matter how much it didn't make one bit of sense.
I hope that someday the PNB will stop that practice. It is not the right way to run a foundation.

Melinda Iley-Dohn

--- On Tue, 2/15/11, Carolyn Birden <cmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNB Elections Committee" group.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Carolyn Birden

Feb 15, 2011, 2:51:45 PM2/15/11
to Melinda Iley-Dohn, Bill Crosier, pnb_el...@googlegroups.com, summer reese