Landbanking Article - Share Your Story

Melanie Griffiths

Aug 28, 2009, 6:33:00 AM8/28/09
to Plot Owners
Hi there

I'm writing a news piece for Homebuilding & Renovating, reporting on
the worrying increase in the sale of these plots over the last year.
I'm looking for people who would like to be quoted within the feature,
and share their experience of buying – or almost buying – one of these
plots. Please get in touch at melanie....@centaur.co.uk

Many thanks.

Melanie Griffiths, Homebuilding & Renovating

SIKO

Sep 10, 2009, 5:47:18 AM9/10/09
to Plot Owners
Or how about someone who sells them

On Aug 28, 11:33 am, Melanie Griffiths <flick.g...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm writing a news piece for Homebuilding & Renovating, reporting on
> the worrying increase in the sale of these plots over the last year.
> I'm looking for people who would like to be quoted within the feature,
> and share their experience of buying – or almost buying – one of these
> plots. Please get in touch at melanie.griffi...@centaur.co.uk

Simon Kennett

Oct 20, 2009, 5:55:48 AM10/20/09
to Plot Owners
Hi Melanie,

Bit late, but! Did you write your article on landbanking? I bought
some plots from PropertySpy a few years back and kind of wished I
hadn't now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think what PropertySpy
were doing wasn't actually illegal, it was the extra add on service
that they were offering which implied it was running a collective
investment scheme., That's when the FSA got involved and PS ended up
becoming an online magazine. I believe they are now trading under a
different name. If you want any more info please let me know.

All the best,
Simon.

On 28 Aug, 11:33, Melanie Griffiths <flick.g...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm writing a news piece for Homebuilding & Renovating, reporting on
> the worrying increase in the sale of these plots over the last year.
> I'm looking for people who would like to be quoted within the feature,
> and share their experience of buying – or almost buying – one of these
> plots. Please get in touch at melanie.griffi...@centaur.co.uk

richar...@nhsbt.nhs.uk

Oct 20, 2009, 6:49:56 AM10/20/09
to ibiz...@yahoo.co.uk, plot-...@googlegroups.com
All

That pretty well sums it up, I believe.

Do we not have a leg to stand on because we purchased the land in good faith
knowing that planning permission was not guaranteed OR were we mis-sold the
land by a company running a collective investment scheme?

Is there any chance of getting our money back, or do we write it off as a
life experience?

Rich

Bit late, but! Did you write your article on landbanking? I bought
some plots from PropertySpy a few years back and kind of wished I
hadn't now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think what PropertySpy
were doing wasn't actually illegal, it was the extra add on service
that they were offering which implied it was running a collective
investment scheme., That's when the FSA got involved and PS ended up
becoming an online magazine. I believe they are now trading under a
different name. If you want any more info please let me know.

All the best,
Simon.

On 28 Aug, 11:33, Melanie Griffiths <flick.g...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm writing a news piece for Homebuilding & Renovating, reporting on
> the worrying increase in the sale of these plots over the last year.
> I'm looking for people who would like to be quoted within the feature,
> and share their experience of buying - or almost buying - one of these
> plots. Please get in touch at melanie.griffi...@centaur.co.uk
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Melanie Griffiths, Homebuilding & Renovating

NHS Blood and Transplant
Do something amazing today - Give Blood.
Organ donation. The gift of life.
You can visit us at www.nhsbt.nhs.uk
The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and not necessarily those of NHS Blood and Transplant.
This text confirms that this e-mail message and its attachments have been swept for the presence of computer viruses by NHS Blood and Transplant, however we cannot guarantee that they are virus free.
All e-mails and their attachments to and from the nhsbt.nhs.uk domain may be archived, and their contents monitored.

Steven F

Oct 24, 2009, 1:50:35 AM10/24/09
to Plot Owners
The article has been published here