[Plone-Users] LSBox and z-index

Peter Fraterdeus

Jun 12, 2007, 4:29:45 PM6/12/07
to plone...@lists.sourceforge.net
Client requests that the search widget be at the top of column one above the nav portlet.
No problem getting it there (modify main_template). I can also move the LSResults to the right side (text-align:left), but run into problems with layer order. Unless I move the results far enough right (like 200 px) that it's out of column-one, the nav items are ordered above it, and the links are unclickable!]

Have tried changing, .portlet, portal-column, visualPadding, etc, both width and z-index.
Tried setting z-index on LSResults to 10, 20, 100, no joy.

Firefox WDE "show class and divs" presents a lot of info, but I can't strain the truth from it!

Pointers greatly appreciated.
thanks!
pf

Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

Galena, Illinois http://www.alphabets.com
Philosophy Fonts Lettering

Peter Fraterdeus

Jun 13, 2007, 2:50:43 AM6/13/07
to Peter Fraterdeus, plone...@lists.sourceforge.net
I fugred this out.
The Containing <div> has to be explicitly set to "postion:relative" (or "position:absolute") for the z-index to have an effect.

so, something like this:

#portal-searchbox {display:block;position:relative; left:-58px; top:-40px; z-index:10;}
.LSBox {text-align:left;}
.livesearchContainer{
position: absolute;
z-index:20;