[Plone-Users] Distribute and z3c.recipe.staticlxml

Kees Hink

Oct 13, 2009, 8:30:59 AM10/13/09
to plone...@lists.sourceforge.net
I have a buildout with an lxml section which uses z3c.recipe.staticlxml On
buildout, i get "ImportError: No module named setuptools.command.easy_install"
(http://pastie.org/652836)

I was able to work around it by creating a virtualenv without Distribute,
installing the old setuptools in there, and using this Python version to do the
buildout.

Dieter Maurer

Oct 16, 2009, 1:20:59 AM10/16/09
to hi...@gw20e.com, plone...@lists.sourceforge.net
Kees Hink wrote at 2009-10-13 14:30 +0200:
>I have a buildout with an lxml section which uses z3c.recipe.staticlxml On
>buildout, i get "ImportError: No module named setuptools.command.easy_install"
>(http://pastie.org/652836)
>
>I was able to work around it by creating a virtualenv without Distribute,
>installing the old setuptools in there, and using this Python version to do the
>buildout.

I have read a recent announcement that a new "distribute" version
fixed a buildout incompatibility. Maybe, your problem is solved
by this new "distribute" version? If not, the "distribute" authors
might be interested to be informed about your problem to further improve
"buildout" support.

--
Dieter

Kees Hink

Oct 19, 2009, 12:38:51 PM10/19/09
to plone...@lists.sourceforge.net
Dieter, a good suggestion. I had already posted on the project page
(http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/66/setuptoolscommandeasy_install-doesnt-exist),
and the issue was resolved (in Distribute 0.6.5-dev). So a follow-up here is
appropriate.