[Setup] turn off inline editing?

Wohnlich, Eric (IMS)

Jan 16, 2008, 11:07:44 AM1/16/08
to se...@lists.plone.org
My apologies if this topic has been brought up - I have not been able to find any information on it. Is there a simple way to turn off inline editing in Plone 3 without having to modify all of the widget templates in Archetypes?

Thanks,
Eric

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.

Larry Pitcher

Jan 16, 2008, 1:12:37 PM1/16/08
to Wohnlich, Eric (IMS), se...@lists.plone.org
Wohnlich, Eric (IMS) wrote:
> My apologies if this topic has been brought up - I have not been able to
> find any information on it. Is there a simple way to turn off inline
> editing in Plone 3 without having to modify all of the widget templates
> in Archetypes?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Eric,

This seems to be turning into a FAQ :)

Get into your ZMI > site > portal_kss and uncheck the little check-boxes
next to "at.kss" and "plone.kss" and then scroll down and click the
"Save" button. This will prevent the javascript files that do the
"inline editing" stuff from being sent to the browser.

HTH,

--
Larry Pitcher
Catapult Solutions

Web: www.catapultsolutions.net
Email: larry....@gmail.com
Skype: larry.pitcher
Phone: 509.849.2660

Wohnlich, Eric (IMS)

Jan 16, 2008, 1:25:08 PM1/16/08
to se...@lists.plone.org
Well the problem with that approach is that I actually do want to keep
other kss features enabled - such as drag and drop ordering in the
contents tab.

Clemens' link was very helpful and I was able to take that approach,
thanks :) Still, I'm not completely happy with having to modify
main_template.pt unless I'm making a product with a big overhaul to the
theme... I don't understand why they don't have a tal:condition in the
main_template that checks a variable that can be toggled in the control
panel somewhere or something. Oh well.

Thanks!
Eric

Eric,