qPloneComments and QuillsEnabled?

CA&ES

Jul 14, 2009, 4:48:31 PM7/14/09
to Plone: quills
Hi everyone,

I’ve been testing out Jon Stahl's 'Squall' hybrid on a website with
QuillsEnabled, Scrawl, and qPloneComments.

Ran into a problem where something in QuillsEnabled overrides the
anonymous comments of qPloneComments. What happens is, anonymous
comments are allowed, but instead of saving who the comments are from
(i.e. the name of the anonymous user), it says ‘Posted by (login name
of whoever hit 'publish' in the comment moderation form)‘

I contacted someone at the QuintaGroup and they said "QuillsEnabled
overrides some discussion functionality. It has to be customized to
work as expected."

Have you seen this problem before or d’you have any ideas on how to
start addressing it? Thanks!

Trish

Duane Raymond (FairSay)

Jul 15, 2009, 1:29:20 PM7/15/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Hi can confirm this issue as it is one I've seen too and wondered how
to replicate it (but never had the time).

Trish: are you filing a issue about it?

Duane

Tim Hicks

Jul 16, 2009, 1:12:43 PM7/16/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com, Martin Aspeli
Hi,

I can see how this problem would arise. My view is that it's the result
of us having to wrestle with an ageing commenting infrastructure in
plone. Without knowing anything about the specifics of qPloneComments,
I'm sure it'd be possible to tweak things to get it to work - presumably
by overriding the discussionreply view in quills.app - but that'd be
throwing hack after hack, IMHO.

Happily, work is well and truly afoot to replace the old commenting
infrastructure with something much better (i.e. more pluggable, for our
purposes) - <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.discussion/>. Martin
Aspeli (cc'd), who is the mentor for the GSoC project implementing this,
says that the new codebase should be able to handle our needs. The
target for plone.app.discussion is Plone 4, however, and I don't know if
it will work with Plone 3.X, so perhaps not a short-term solution...

Tim

Jan Hackel

Jul 23, 2009, 3:28:06 PM7/23/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Within the ZMI go to portal_form_controler. Under the tab "Actions" delete the
"discussion_reply" template. This will restore the default discussion
behavior. Quills will no more redirect to the archive URL, but I guess you can
live with that.

Grüße
Jan Hackel

CA&ES

Jul 28, 2009, 1:27:43 PM7/28/09
to Plone: quills
Ah that definitely worked for me, thanks a lot!!

Trish