Is everyone using Textmate with Play 2.0? Guillaume?

Drew Hamlett

Nov 15, 2011, 4:23:30 PM11/15/11
to play-framework
I've been struggling trying to get Netbeans setup with Scala. Is
everyone using TextMate?

Pascal Voitot Dev

Nov 15, 2011, 4:44:14 PM11/15/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
no I use IDEA (and Eclipse for pure Scala since it's quite quicker)

Pascal

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Drew Hamlett <drew...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been struggling trying to get Netbeans setup with Scala.  Is
everyone using TextMate?

sas

Nov 15, 2011, 8:19:54 PM11/15/11
to play-framework
any tips on how to configure IDEs for play 2.0 development?

On 15 nov, 18:44, Pascal Voitot Dev <pascal.voitot....@gmail.com>

Olivier Refalo

Nov 15, 2011, 9:12:07 PM11/15/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I use sublime text 2, kind of neat editor...

Francisco Canedo

Nov 16, 2011, 3:23:32 AM11/16/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 05:19:54PM -0800, sas wrote:
> any tips on how to configure IDEs for play 2.0 development?

For IDEA add the following to ~/.sbt/plugins (to install the plugin
globally) or <your-play-app>/project/plugins/build.sbt (for just that
project):

======
resolvers += "sbt-idea-repo" at "http://mpeltonen.github.com/maven/"

addSbtPlugin("com.github.mpeltonen" %% "sbt-idea" % "0.11.0")
======

Type 'gen-idea' in the play/sbt console and open your new project. See:
https://github.com/mpeltonen/sbt-idea

Apparently the sbteclipse plugin has been updated to sbt 0.11 as well:
https://github.com/typesafehub/sbteclipse

I haven't tried this one myself, but it seems to be similar to the IDEA
plugin:

======
resolvers += Classpaths.typesafeResolver

addSbtPlugin("com.typesafe.sbteclipse" % "sbteclipse" % "1.4.0")
======

The command for this one is 'eclipse'.

--
Francisco Canedo

-----

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There
are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full,
say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this
glass is half empty.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and
say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my
glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!"

Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Pascal Voitot Dev

Nov 16, 2011, 3:41:04 AM11/16/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I find Scala+Sbt+Eclipse quicker than in IDEA but I still use IDEA for play1.2.3+Scala because I can remote debug in IDEA and not in Eclipse for an unknown reason (I didn't spend time to analyze quite deeply anyway)...

Pascal